This must be where the DEKs hang out, eh?

Heck yeah, awesome! I was wondering if you were the one that got in on that one, it looked like it. Congrats! Thing is crazy light in the hand.

I think the secret to actually being able to obtain a DEK 3 is to accept that you’ll never be able to obtain one 🤣. Sounds like we both had that feeling lol.

My one and only chance to get a DEK3 meant having to give up one of my Shirogorov F3 Aquatic in trade to get the DEK3 plus either a second knife or cash. I just couldn't do it.

I like to pretend that my Satin Hollow Ground Magnacut DEK1 with swedge is a DEK3 and then I'm all set. I have 3 DEK1 2 DEK2 and EDC and a BK5, so I stopped looking for a DEK3.

cLZfZHo.jpg

7cCZV9L.jpg

yICa9r0.jpg

Last edited:
Depends what you're looking for. Both great knives. One is light and fast, the other is always looking for a reason to kick ass.

The DEK 1 is probably the better all around knife, and lighter to carry...the DEK 2 is the buddy you want with you when trouble shows up. (Actually, they'll both handle that business...to be honest.)

Get both if you can.

Depends what you're looking for. Both great knives. One is light and fast, the other is always looking for a reason to kick ass.

The DEK 1 is probably the better all around knife, and lighter to carry...the DEK 2 is the buddy you want with you when trouble shows up. (Actually, they'll both handle that business...to be honest.)

Get both if you can.
Roger! And thanks for sharing- my target(s) are on the radar now. Need to take out a reverse mortgage and get hunting!:)

Roger! And thanks for sharing- my target(s) are on the radar now. Need to take out a reverse mortgage and get hunting!:)
DEK1 is most versatile and you'd have a hard time breaking it without tools or serious intent. It does anything you would reasonably expect a knife to do (and honestly some things you wouldn't). My choice for EDC.

DEK2 is what I would pick if I knew I was going to be doing a bunch of dumb abusive stuff with it.

I like to pretend that my Satin Magnacut DEK1 with swedge is a DEK3 and then I'm all set. I have 3 DEK1 2 DEK2 and EDC and a BK5, so I stopped looking for a DEK3.

cLZfZHo.jpg

7cCZV9L.jpg

yICa9r0.jpg

I had a dek3 and parted ways with it. It's more slicey than the dek1 and it's lighter. It's almost like a kitchen knife because of how thin it is. I don't need a kitchen knife on my belt or in my pocket.

I've run into a few things that caused minor damage to the dek1 that would have caused significantly more damage to the dek3.

In my opinion, the dek1 is the best of the three designs. It does everything a 4 inch blade should be expected to do and it does it well. It's got to be the most underrated knife I've ever used. It should cost more and be far, far more popular.

As for the dek2, I don't like knives that thick unless they're much larger, such as the sdfk or a chopper. Personally, I'm not a fan of tantos either, but I'm pretty boring in my blade tastes.

Just my opinion. Feel free to take it or ignore it.

I had a dek3 and parted ways with it. It's more slicey than the dek1 and it's lighter. It's almost like a kitchen knife because of how thin it is. I don't need a kitchen knife on my belt or in my pocket.

I've run into a few things that caused minor damage to the dek1 that would have caused significantly more damage to the dek3.

In my opinion, the dek1 is the best of the three designs. It does everything a 4 inch blade should be expected to do and it does it well. It's got to be the most underrated knife I've ever used. It should cost more and be far, far more popular.

As for the dek2, I don't like knives that thick unless they're much larger, such as the sdfk or a chopper. Personally, I'm not a fan of tantos either, but I'm pretty boring in my blade tastes.

Just my opinion. Feel free to take it or ignore it.
That's the awesome thing about the DEK line up!

It's a Goldilocks situation!

Back