Traditional French Fry day

I'll let you in on a secret. If you have a good one, that's all you need. There are billions out there who get through each day without a knife. 😱

However, these parts are fertile grounds for the breeding of knives. Without intending to, I have somehow gotten two handfuls of laguioles over the past couple of years.
I hear ya Bro!!!! :rolleyes:
🤣

Another 12cm Laguiole from Yoann Roques. Scalées are made from chestnut, ebony and warthog.

IMG_1978.jpeg

IMG_1979.jpeg

A French knife, but for once not a regional folder! It's a "Rièze", a small hunting knife made by Jean Tanazacq. Tanazacq, who sold his works under the brand name of "Ardennlame" can be considered as the dean of the french knifemakers. He was the first one to start making hand made, high end, custom knives in the early eighties. I will post more about him later on.

9CCE3B90-EF27-4A20-BABC-23942EDBCB49.jpeg
448CADE9-3D81-4545-9EBE-8CF07D1345FB.jpeg
1D0C01F8-DB85-4ACD-A436-7150FE5BEF35.jpeg
A great hunter!

Zieg

A very special Laguiole by Virgilio Munoz. 14 cm , the blade is damask steel, scales are made out of ebony with brass wire inlays. The "mouche" is an "abeille mécanique", a mechanical bee with wings that can be mechanically deployed and retracted.

IMG_1865.jpeg

IMG_1866.jpeg

IMG_1856.jpeg

IMG_1859.jpeg

IMG_1857.jpeg

IMG_1863.jpeg

IMG_1860.jpeg

IMG_1862.jpeg

IMG_1864.jpeg
Oh, hell yes!!

Zieg

Preparing for le dîner du Sabbat last night.

QXerPFH.jpeg

Zieg
Great Expectations :) Congratulations Sir, I think you are the first person to actually show a tire-bouchon on a knife in action:cool: These days, wines are appearing increasingly with screw-tops unfortunately.

Great Expectations :) Congratulations Sir, I think you are the first person to actually show a tire-bouchon on a knife in action:cool: These days, wines are appearing increasingly with screw-tops unfortunately.
Thanks! I get to use corkscrews more frequently than most, I suppose, but the one on this Laguiole is a challenge as it is rather short.

Zieg

Last edited:
Back