What Buck are you carrying today?

I have 'The Beast' with me today knocking out a few more "Carwash Chicken's" (aka feather sticks), in prep for a cook-up later in the week, if the rain buggers off.
The former owner has put a very light convex grind on it which seems to help a lot in doing these. Either that or I got better at doing them overnight. :rolleyes:
obCLxuTh.jpg

View attachment 2560659

Somehow this ended up clipped in my work pants. Almost just put it back in the truck but decided give it a try for the week.

View attachment 2560660

Looks like I’m gonna have a good population of orb weavers this year, finding them all over.
Your two pictures finally sold me on this HQ exclusive. Ordered one last night. Been waffling for some time, but it is on sale now for $30 off original price. Thanks for thinning my wallet, Big Money.

This is on my belt today, as well as yesterday. R rival22 's post reminding us of the sale at Blade HQ drew me in. I had been pining over that particular exclusive for some time now. I liked the combo of green micarta and brushed brass. And I liked the idea of using a 110 in S45VN while I continue my search for one in Magnacut. So far it has not disappointed. It came out of the box perfect in fit and finish. It is also the sharpest knife out of the box I've ever bought.
And that's saying something because I've never opened a new Buck knife that was NOT razor sharp.

ZO70H4V.jpg

Well.. I didn't think I would be posting in this thread anytime soon but I went out to the mailbox and found the new 152 in it!! Thanks to a fellow forum member I have a new 'Desk Buck' to play with. I've really come to appreate a smaller fixed blade and like the new 152 better than the 212 because the blade width is smaller.. and of course it's a 112.
BigMoney I never was a fan of pocket clips on a 110/112 folder till I got (and used) one of the 112's LE's Danny (?) made in S45VN NS black micarta pocket clip. I haven't got around to fixing the new picture posting issues yet but 'When I Do' I'll post pic's of my new 152..

This is on my belt today, as well as yesterday. R rival22 's post reminding us of the sale at Blade HQ drew me in. I had been pining over that particular exclusive for some time now. I liked the combo of green micarta and brushed brass. And I liked the idea of using a 110 in S45VN while I continue my search for one in Magnacut. So far it has not disappointed. It came out of the box perfect in fit and finish. It is also the sharpest knife out of the box I've ever bought.
And that's saying something because I've never opened a new Buck knife that was NOT razor sharp.

ZO70H4V.jpg

I caved too... I love micarta and this has some a great texture/grip. This will be my go to "work" 110. Mine is with me today as well.
20240430-191500.jpg

A couple of pictures I took last night with it's new partner. I made it a lot of years before I got a classic (non-slim) 110, but recently got two in the last few months. I think the Rosewood/nickel is prettier, but the micarta one is going to get more use.
20240430-191029.jpg

20240430-192512.jpg

ZO70H4V.jpg

I caved too... I love micarta and this has some a great texture/grip. This will be my go to "work" 110. Mine is with me today as well.
20240430-191500.jpg

A couple of pictures I took last night with it's new partner. I made it a lot of years before I got a classic (non-slim) 110, but recently got two in the last few months. I think the Rosewood/nickel is prettier, but the micarta one is going to get more use.
20240430-191029.jpg

20240430-192512.jpg
You guys are making that micarta 110 look awfully good!

You guys are making that micarta 110 look awfully good!
They are tempting. I'll probably be sorry I didn't jump on one while they're available, but I'm holding out for a G-10 or micarta 112 in S45 or maybe even Magnacut. These past few months I've really been gravitating towards the 112 over the 110.

20240430-191500.jpg

20240430-191029.jpg

20240430-192512.jpg
That is one fine combination! My intention is to use mine the same way. More or less a hard or harder use knife. From what I’ve read, it should hold up well…
and look really good doing it.

They are tempting. I'll probably be sorry I didn't jump on one while they're available, but I'm holding out for a G-10 or micarta 112 in S45 or maybe even Magnacut. These past few months I've really been gravitating towards the 112 over the 110.
I’m like you, I have lamented not buying more than a few Bucks back when they were available. For some reason, I assumed they would be always be in stock. And then to my surprise, they would be discontinued. I am thankful that I jumped on the few I did. I saw the 110 pro shortly after it was introduced and thought I had to have it. That was quickly followed by the 112 pro. Up until about four months ago, I used them almost exclusively. It took me a while to figure out how to sharpen the new steel, but I think I got the hang of it over time. I was quite content with the S30V and G10 combination. And then the new steels drew me in.

I’m very glad I got in on this one from Blade HQ thanks to R rival22 ’s reminder. I’m curious to see if I can tell the difference in the S45VN. Regardless, it’s still a unique 110 with really good steel and I’m going to enjoy using it.

I’m like you, I have lamented not buying more than a few Bucks back when they were available. For some reason, I assumed they would be always be in stock. And then to my surprise, they would be discontinued. I am thankful that I jumped on the few I did. I saw the 110 pro shortly after it was introduced and thought I had to have it. That was quickly followed by the 112 pro. Up until about four months ago, I used them almost exclusively. It took me a while to figure out how to sharpen the new steel, but I think I got the hang of it over time. I was quite content with the S30V and G10 combination. And then the new steels drew me in.

I’m very glad I got in on this one from Blade HQ thanks to R rival22 ’s reminder. I’m curious to see if I can tell the difference in the S45VN. Regardless, it’s still a unique 110 with really good steel and I’m going to enjoy using it.

I have a Sebenza 31 in S45VN & three Inkozis in S35VN. It's nowhere a scientific study, but in my daily use, the 45 seems to hold an edge slightly better than the 35, and I haven't really noticed the 45 being much harder to sharpen than the 35 on the Spyderco Sharpmaker. I've always liked the S35VN because for my daily use, it seems to have just the right combination of toughness, and edge holding. And it's pretty easy to sharpen.

I have a Sebenza 31 in S45VN & three Inkozis in S35VN. It's nowhere a scientific study, but in my daily use, the 45 seems to hold an edge slightly better than the 35, and I haven't really noticed the 45 being much harder to sharpen than the 35 on the Spyderco Sharpmaker. I've always liked the S35VN because for my daily use, it seems to have just the right combination of toughness, and edge holding. And it's pretty easy to sharpen.
That’s pretty much exactly what I have read too. I’m glad your experience reinforces that. My only S35VN knives are fixed blades and not daily carry. So not much for me to go on there. I have maybe a half dozen S30V folders and they were challenging at first to keep really sharp but I like it now. Time will tell with this 110.

Back