What's your Cold Steel EDC today?

lGiuI8Mh.jpg

That looks like that took quite a bit of time and elbow grease. Doesn't look bad, though. At least not in my eyes.
It’s a beater, just wanted the coating gone and didn’t care about keeping the scratches uniform. I took the blade out and sanded with wet/dry for 20 minutes. Haven’t decided if I like the finger ring backspacer, but it was given to me for free so I figured I’d try it out.

The Black Talon would absolutely be devastating, and savage in a CQB situation. Excellent as a back-up to your primary handgun. Cheers!

Recently I pulled over to check on a horse float I was towing, and this SK-5 SRK was laying in the dirt on the side of the road!
Must have literally fallen out of, or off, the back of ute or truck.
She looks to have been used a bit as there are a few battle scars, but still sharp.
One of the rivets on the sheath tip has taken a hit on the blacktop, but is still intact.
This now resides in the toolbox of the float.:thumbsup:
iubtXkCh.jpg

Bout to get real nerdy on my favorite knife.

Had many Recon 1’s, my favorite model of any knife I’ve laid hands on. 19 different R1’s at one point, but this one’s my favorite of all and gets carried most. CTS-XHP, thickest layer of DLC I’ve ever seen on a knife.

Spring tension relieved a little, better pocket clip and a Snaggletooth wave installed for quick draws. Larger PB washers. Factory hollow grind. Cuts aggressively. And the 61-62 hrc XHP sharpens easily on my medium of choice, a Norton India stone. It’s amazing how easily it sharpens compared to how it holds an edge.

It’s the perfect heavy duty folder to carry, I believe, because it’s large yet carries flat in the pocket. Dynamically stable lock to boot.

Some folders like the Bush Ranger are more ergonomic, but don’t carry as well due to their handle thickness. The Recon 1 is THE large hard use folder made to actually carry every day, perfected in my humble opinion. And this one’s the best I’ve had.
0149FC3C-D25F-4071-B04A-31A64084D087.jpeg
Group of some Recon 1’s this one was picked from. Sold all but 8 and added 2 new production tanto profiles because they’re now ground all the way to the choil like they should have been all along.
2220DFBF-D89A-4E6C-8581-222969A19975.jpeg

Last edited:
Back