Votes: 20 22.5%
  • I didn't know there was more than one

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • 31 because Im new and don't know any better

Votes: 12 13.5%
  • The guys that pick the 31 have never touched a 21

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
I voted for the 21, but I've only owned 21s and 31s far as Sebenzas go. I carry my 31s far more now, just because they're current production and I do use my knives so there are current production parts/service available, and my "user" 21 was my first Sebenza and has some real nostalgia associated with it so it's in semi-retirement at this point, though it has been asking for some pocket time... may have to get it out soon and give it some attention.

I voted for the 21, but I've only owned 21s and 31s far as Sebenzas go. I carry my 31s far more now, just because they're current production and I do use my knives so there are current production parts/service available, and my "user" 21 was my first Sebenza and has some real nostalgia associated with it so it's in semi-retirement at this point, though it has been asking for some pocket time... may have to get it out soon and give it some attention.
Sebenzas don’t retire, they withstand the test of time, quietly awaiting their next opportunity to work.

Truthfully, mine does as well. I don't know why, it’s only 3 years older than my Original and I carry that just like I do 21s.
Imagine all the old sebenzas that are NOT represented on the web. We see a tiny fraction. Someday I’d like to meet someone who acquired a sebenza 30+ years ago and just hasn’t had the need for another knife.

Imagine all the old sebenzas that are NOT represented on the web. We see a tiny fraction. Someday I’d like to meet someone who acquired a sebenza 30+ years ago and just hasn’t had the need for another knife.
That would be something else, wouldn’t it?

I voted 31. Because I’m new and don’t know any better. Lol. Only handled 21s and 31s
The fit of the parts seems better in my 21s, took a lot of polishing on my 31s bronze washers to get the knife blades to not be so tight when tightening the pivot. Even now I have to back it off 1/16th of a turn from full tight. However, the 31s bigger finger grove fits me better. If the Sebenza 41 had an option of a show scale like the inkosi (but kept the Sebenza pivot) I would buy that next. But maybe that’s where the regulars come in…?

ps. I wouldn’t turn down an “H” or “P” model either.

Other than Sebenza, I only have some traditionals. You see many old ones that are used heavily and sharpened away. They were clearly someone’s only knife. To me, there is something very charming about that.

Sorry Kettleman Kettleman , total thread drift! That’s usually your job.
I too came from the traditional world, I had a large glass jar of used up knive I purchased. I would buy them knowing they were done with their blades sharpened to 1/8 inch and chunks of bone missing from the covers

The stories those knives told that need to be remembered not discarded when cleaning out the grandfathers house after he departed.

Oops there I go again…

Back