Recommendation? Which sword?

I’ve been in a bit of a sword mood lately. I’ve always wanted to try a Rucki out, but the more I look into it the more options I’m seeing. As of now, I’m looking into the Rucki, Waki, the new Free Rein, which may be a little more than I’d like to spend, and the Scrapazaki.

I’m just curious to see which one you guys would recommend? It’ll mostly be used as a briar and tree destruction tool.

I had a Rucki, but let it go. Still have a couple each of the TNT-15 and OMG-15. I like them both. Those are the only ones I have experience with.

I had a Rucki, but let it go. Still have a couple each of the TNT-15 and OMG-15. I like them both. Those are the only ones I have experience with.

I’d take one of each if money permitted. Especially one of those OMGs, they’re rad as hell. I’m trying to find a happy medium between the Ak and the Rucki, both in size and price. The scrap and Waki fit the bill nicely, but I don’t know how I’d like the crescent handle on the Waki or the wrap on the Scrap.

A bunch of those are long discontinued

so you would have to buy aftermarket prices.

The cost comparison may be a little different than you think.

The only one available direct is the Free Reign.

I have not seen a Scrapazashie for sale in a long long time.

of the three you mentioned I would go with the Free Reign.

Longer than the Rucki

Rubber handle to absorb the shock when chopping ( I have chopped with both the Rucki and Waki rubber really takes the sting out)

lastly it is available to order now direct from the shop.

I would go on youtube and watch each of the demo videos for each sword and that might help you decide.

I’d take one of each if money permitted. Especially one of those OMGs, they’re rad as hell. I’m trying to find a happy medium between the Ak and the Rucki, both in size and price. The scrap and Waki fit the bill nicely, but I don’t know how I’d like the crescent handle on the Waki or the wrap on the Scrap.

And I would message you, if you account membership was Gold. As it is, we cannot solicit sales in threads such as this. I don’t think we can even link to our For Sale threads. Best of luck finding what you’re looking for.

Does anyone have a comparison pic between the TNT and the Free Rein?

SpyderPhreak SpyderPhreak took a few for us.

IMHO the Bussekin sword like objects do not have great edge geometry as received. On the ones I've kept, some time with a 1x30 belt grinder was very beneficial. YMMV.

SpyderPhreak SpyderPhreak took a few for us.

Thanks for that. I’m pretty eager to get my FR in hand and compare it to my Ruck, but was very curious how it compared to the TNT that I sold.

IMHO the Bussekin sword like objects do not have great edge geometry as received. On the ones I've kept, some time with a 1x30 belt grinder was very beneficial. YMMV.

I’ve noticed the latest releases have been much better - TGULB, SJT7, AFBM, etc. I’m hoping the FR is equally improved. I do plan to send my stripped ruck out for some fine tuning by a pro.

If the TNT-15 had continued the edge geometry of the first ~1/2" of blade height, it would have been magnificent! But then there's a pretty abrupt thickness change, and the blade suffers greatly for it. I REALLY wish they had made that a much less abrupt transition.

The Free Rein is better in that respect, but it is also thicker BTE and for the first ~1/2" or so of blade height. I haven't chopped with the FR yet, but hopefully soon. I thought that was going to happen yesterday, but I ran out of time for that demo project.

I personally prefer AK47 for larger sword, and Ruck/Ruki for short waki style. Ruck and Waki have gotten extentive use over a decade, and always proved as most versatile. Always my choice for general property cleanup/brush/branch clearing purposes. Pretty much perfect. Res-C handled swords never worked for me aesthetically.

How much are the battle grade ak’s going for now? (Is that a question I can ask?)

You need a Gold membership to inquire about prices. You might be able to find some info searching the exchange, but going Gold has it’s benefits. I recommend you join us.

Back