Recommendation? Which sword?

I’ve been in a bit of a sword mood lately. I’ve always wanted to try a Rucki out, but the more I look into it the more options I’m seeing. As of now, I’m looking into the Rucki, Waki, the new Free Rein, which may be a little more than I’d like to spend, and the Scrapazaki.

I’m just curious to see which one you guys would recommend? It’ll mostly be used as a briar and tree destruction tool.
You’ll likely have to hunt long and hard to find a Waki or especially a Scrapazashi.

The Rucki and OMG feel more like big knives.

Your only directly available option right now is a Free Rein and that’s probably the most “swordlike” of the more available options.

F-16 would also be a good choice but maybe a little too thick/heavy for your intended use. Those and TNT-15s show up pretty often for close to retail.

You’ll likely have to hunt long and hard to find a Waki or especially a Scrapazashi.

Your only directly available option right now is a Free Rein and that’s probably the most “swordlike” of the more available options.

F-16 would also be a good choice but maybe a little too thick/heavy for your intended use. Those and TNT-15s show up pretty often for close to retail.
Best bet, value-wise, is a Free Rein direct from the shop.

The TNT feels significantly heavier than the F-16, which is both thinner (.21” vs .25”) and has a fuller.

But I agree with B Burke , for branch and shrub clearing, you’re much better off with a thin and fast machete. But swinging a beautiful Busse amd wrecking shit just feels good 🤘🤠⚔️

I’ve actually gotten pretty lucky and scored a Scrapizashi. There was one up for sale for a little while back, which is what got me questioning which one I should go with. I’m really happy with it. I thought the Rucki and the Free Rein were going to be a bit too small, especially to two hand, so the Waki and Scrap were towards the top of what I was trying to get ahold of. No real reason to two hand a Wakizashi, but it does make taking down the briars more fun.

I’d honestly like to add a few more inches to the the Scrap as well, but I had a good idea on what size it’d be going into it.

Back