Would you buy a larger 110?

You betcha! Gotta love the COLD STEEL ESPADAS. I have a 6in Holdout & a couple of 6 in Ti-lites. My latest love is a 4 in blade SR1
w8uwg5p.gif

Not quite. The 13 has a blade that's 8.6 inches long. I just need a 110 with a blade 4 inches (or maybe a little more). Larger but not ridiculously so.
Go get a Cold Steel SR1. It has a 4 in blade & a 4 3/4 in handle, plus you could cut off the last 3/4 in of the plastic grip. You will LOVE it. It is a "BIG KNIFE" guy type of knife. Cheers

Go get a Cold Steel SR1. It has a 4 in blade & a 4 3/4 in handle, plus you could cut off the last 3/4 in of the plastic grip. You will LOVE it. It is a "BIG KNIFE" guy type of knife. Cheers
I guess I'm going to be THAT GUY...
But, but, but - IT'S A COLD STEEL.
For giggles, I did look it up (against my better judgement) - didn't like it. But, then, I have yet to see a Cold Steel folder that I found appealing. Besides, in the Buck forum, when the question is about a Buck knife, the answer should never be Cold Steel

With a 4" blade the 446 Goliath mentioned by @HolyRoller above was Bucks largest folding knife (excluding fillets).
I have a very large hand running 2X/3X and find the 110 a nice fit. Any larger and I would be thinking about a fixed blade.
Not directly the point of the discussion but wonder about carry size limits in some jurisdictions.

I gave a good friend one of these years ago when they came out he is 6'6" and had hands like a baseball glove he still uses it, He moved to SC and still says -Hey I have that great buck knife you gave me

Ever notice how a 112 has a shorter handle but still fits in your grip?

If you add a finger groove and reduce the front bolster on a 110. Similar to how a 112 is, it makes your hand sit forward a little giving the allusion of a larger handle.

view

Here it is compared with a factory finger groove handle.
view

If I had my wish I would like a 110 with a 112 front bolster

Last edited:
No. I went from a 110 to a Schrade+ copy to a Gerber Gator and then a Spyderco Military for large folders.
I don't really want any more brass heavy folders or one on the belt. But I could see how 110 loyalists would like one.

I'll preface this by saying I fully understand how important the 110 is to the industry and knife buyers in general. I know the history and I have respect for the model and it's provenance. That said...

According to a few retailers the Buck 110 is 8.5 inches long when open. I am a giant with enormous hands. Despite the knife having decent ergos, I need about another inch of real estate overall. Please keep in mind this is solely for discussion's sake; I am not suggesting Buck should change anything. I also realize I'm the only gigantor here.

Regardless, would you at least be interested in an XXL 110 Hunter?
I like big knifes.
if the blade was bigger as well as.the handle...
I'd buy one

Back