Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Oh, what a knife!! Bob, that deeply jigged bone is visually spectacular and just begs to be handled and used.
I love the antique coloration and the domed pins, as well. One of Cosimo's best.

Beautiful jigged bone on that knife! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks Jeff and Barrett. Cosimo was on the mark with this lamb. I just need to get him to delete the bump on the spine, when creating his lambs.

Some really impressive new additions here lately both as gifts, commissions and from sales :cool: My Envyometer is right off the scale and not had a new addition myself for a couple of weeks gasp!:eek:;)

Think that Rufus1949 Rufus1949 has achieved a lot with his commissions from artisans, but the latest Lamb Foot from C Cosimo De Benedetto has set a real benchmark for the pattern in my belief. It honours the patterns you can see in old English catalogues in much the same way that Charlie C's wonderful collaboration with GEC achieved. A swooping look, small bolster with amazing pick-bone- ironic in that all Sheffield could achieve after mid c20th was some version in bexoid a cheap pressed synthetic. This Lamb Foot has presence and is different from the rather burly quite short bladed versions of contemporary make, I prefer the Italian Job :) Noteworthy is the use of domed pins and keeping them quite small as old knives with attractive jigging often have small hammered pins, very effective.

I think I need to sell some knives to raise funds....:D

Well done Bob, well crafted Cosimo :cool:😻

What a great mail day!!!! First and foremost, had a rogue gift package from @echoscout. It included my two favorite kind of pocket knives. A spey and a lamb!!! A wonderful A Wright and Schrade made for Maher & Grosh. Thank you so much, David. What a truly generous and thoughtful gift.

This wonderful 93 lambsfoot was also delivered today. Such an amazing knife. Charlie’s creation is magnificent.

oAdejHw.jpeg

What a mail call ! 😍👍

Such sweet old school jigging. I couldn't ask for anything better.

Beautiful ! 😍

Some really impressive new additions here lately both as gifts, commissions and from sales :cool: My Envyometer is right off the scale and not had a new addition myself for a couple of weeks gasp!:eek:;)

Think that Rufus1949 Rufus1949 has achieved a lot with his commissions from artisans, but the latest Lamb Foot from C Cosimo De Benedetto has set a real benchmark for the pattern in my belief. It honours the patterns you can see in old English catalogues in much the same way that Charlie C's wonderful collaboration with GEC achieved. A swooping look, small bolster with amazing pick-bone- ironic in that all Sheffield could achieve after mid c20th was some version in bexoid a cheap pressed synthetic. This Lamb Foot has presence and is different from the rather burly quite short bladed versions of contemporary make, I prefer the Italian Job :) Noteworthy is the use of domed pins and keeping them quite small as old knives with attractive jigging often have small hammered pins, very effective.

I think I need to sell some knives to raise funds....:D

Well done Bob, well crafted Cosimo :cool:😻
Will, you always bring forth an exacting description when "reviewing" a knife.
This seems close to the pinnacle of modern lambs. It is a testament to Cosimo's skills.👌

These were acquired over the past 3 weeks.
The Catt 2 blade congress was a most thoughtful and generous gift from Harry Old Engineer Old Engineer after breakfast meet up prior to driving over to The Badger Knife Show. Thanks my friend it will remain in my collection forever and will definitely be carried from time to time to remind me of the friendship I've made with you.
The (bone?) handled fixed blade with pewter accents was acquired at the show. It sure feels like bone but may be something else, not sure. The seller told me it was an old butter knife like one my grandmother may have used. He reprofiled the blade to its current shape and I couldn't pass it up as it had a rustic primitive rendezvous look about it.
The Kutmaster 2 blade equal end jack was another pick up at the knife show, a solid knife with great blade action at a fair price.
The Risner Indian Head stockman acquired from an internet seller, celluloid handles I believe.
The GEC 59 Hummingbird acrylic came from a fellow member here on the exchange. I wasn't sure I liked the Hummingbird acrylic until I saw Barrett's 59 in person in the lobby at the blade show, beautiful stuff that you have to see in person to appreciate. As luck would have it soon after getting home I found one on the exchange for a very reasonable price.
View attachment 2541273View attachment 2541274
Great additions, Greg. Loads of character in that group. It was nice seeing you my friend.

eBay finds - GEC 23 & 53 Painted Ponies.

Never used to cut or sharpened, but appear to be carried since they each have a couple superficial scratches. Purchased both for $425~ to my door. Hopefully they are worth it. 🤔

Attachments

• IMG_3126.jpeg
    IMG_3126.jpeg
    199 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3129.jpeg
    IMG_3129.jpeg
    360.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3128.jpeg
    IMG_3128.jpeg
    380.8 KB · Views: 4
Oldy Oldy Good to see you've reeled in a Churchill, and I think Cougar Claw is a great scale :cool: It is a fact they don't have the snap (Talk) of a Conductor 33 or White Owl 68 to use other single-spring double-end examples, but it's still tidy. Whenever a single-spring arrives, or Stockman I give it a thorough wash down with old toothbrush and hot soapy water, drying and oiling. You'd be astounded how this improves snap and what a lot of odd crap comes out of knives...including what looks like felt or cloth sometimes?

Really like the Sheepfoot secondary on these, there is a thread on the Churchill so it's worth looking at it (IF the images haven't all vanished...but we must all be patient know our place and a 'fix' will arrive.....:rolleyes: )

Thanks, Will

Oldy Oldy Good to see you've reeled in a Churchill, and I think Cougar Claw is a great scale :cool: It is a fact they don't have the snap (Talk) of a Conductor 33 or White Owl 68 to use other single-spring double-end examples, but it's still tidy. Whenever a single-spring arrives, or Stockman I give it a thorough wash down with old toothbrush and hot soapy water, drying and oiling. You'd be astounded how this improves snap and what a lot of odd crap comes out of knives...including what looks like felt or cloth sometimes?

Really like the Sheepfoot secondary on these, there is a thread on the Churchill so it's worth looking at it (IF the images haven't all vanished...but we must all be patient know our place and a 'fix' will arrive.....:rolleyes: )

Thanks, Will
Ya it is weaker than the 33 and 68 white owl, it is first time having the cougar claw and I really like it,mine actually has the worm groove in it.but the 2 blades are excellent and the single blade is what drew me to it.i have 35 cattle and camp knife and they are thick and very well put together. This 35 was used quite a bit by previous owners so I gave it a flushing .35 is top of my pattern list even with the slack pulls.the 35 Churchill in ebony look really good from pictures, maybe one falls in my lap.

Back