Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

What did you have to do to the notch to fix it?
I just enhanced it a little/pushed it forward with my 1x30" belt grinder. I do this to most slip joints (did to my matching Zulu as well), and many modern folders. Gets the heel of the cutting edge to clear the radius of the plunge grind and removes the ensuing bevel flare/recurve. When I started collecting knives, I had a few things that were pet peeves, including that flare, and it's one that remains a pet peeve. It's really nitpicky, but I know myself well enough to know to just do it so I won't think about it.

I wanted to post this here because there was some discussion about a month ago about long pulls that extend into the tang. This Barlow by Bryant Hollinger is 3 5/8’s and has a long pull going into the tang. I would never have known it was a thing without learning that here. 👍
IMG_2643.jpeg

Just came in! This has been something of a grail knife of mine & thanks to a generous porch member who was willing to part with it I now have finally obtained one!

view

Remington Daddy Barlow made in 2022 by GEC
UBjRP9o.jpg

AOhe8o7.jpg

YRGAgab.jpg

pvM71Id.jpg
6VLZJsD.jpg
QjiPTmi.jpg

They may call it a Grand Daddy but I think it should be called a DADDY BARLOW
LaVedAL.jpg

Thanks for being an Enabler once again Mr. Primble Primble

Harry

I am going to pass the blame on to birdsbeaks and pat9198 ...... who enabled me in the first place ! 🤣
It does fall short in size compared to the old granddaddies ...... they are both nice though.
I love your old Remington ! :thumbsup:😍
I might rub on my bolsters a little more, after seeing yours. Thank you back for enabling me. ;)🤣

In today's mail call from Rufus1949 Rufus1949 THANK YOU so much! I love them!

1922 to 1939 Robeson Shur Edge #622110 (4.375 inches closed)
IMG_20240419_142326.jpg
Tang Stamp matches 1922 to 1939

ROBESON/ShurEdge/U.S.A.1911-1921
ROBESON/DEMONSTRATOR1911-1939
ROBESON/ShurEdge/U.S.A.1916-1939
ROBESON/U.S.A./CUTLERY(Master Blade)1917-1939
ROBESON/CUTLERY/ROCHESTER1917-1939
ROBESON/ShurEdge/ROCHESTER1922-1939
ROBESON/U.SA./CUTLERY(Secondary Blade)1922-1939
ROBESON/SHUREDGE/U.S.A.1940-1964

Camillus 33 Easy Open.1930s to 1945. (3.25 inches closed)
IMG_20240419_142403.jpg
EDIT 04/24/24:
In researching the Camillus, I found out The Camillus 33 was one of two US Navy and Coast Guard issued Utility Knives during WW2. (the other one had a Marlin Spike.)
I don't know if this beauty was one of them.

I have been unable to find any Robeson military contract folding knives other than they were among the suppliers of the Signal Corp's TL-29 during WW2.
In both World Wars Robeson did supply some of the more important/ famous non folding "Fighting Knives" to the US military and her Allies.

QUESTION FOR ANY ROBESON EXPERT(s):
At 4 3/8 inches closed with a 3 3/8 inch main blade (bolster to tip) would the 622110 be considered a "large" or "extra large" jack knife, or a "folding hunter" like a similar size "Coke Bottle" or "coffin jack" was?

I have been unable to find any 622110 specific information on line.

Last edited:
Remington Daddy Barlow made in 2022 by GEC
UBjRP9o.jpg

AOhe8o7.jpg

YRGAgab.jpg

pvM71Id.jpg
6VLZJsD.jpg
QjiPTmi.jpg

They may call it a Grand Daddy but I think it should be called a DADDY BARLOW
LaVedAL.jpg

Thanks for being an Enabler once again Mr. Primble Primble

Harry

GEC did a nice job on those, didn’t they? I initially passed on them, but was able to pick one up a little later (at a slight discount, even) and I’m glad I did.

Been pretty lucky on the auction site as of late, I’ve been searching for a stag ez pocket congress to pair with my courthouse whittler for years. Stag isn’t as interesting as the courthouse whittler that it should yellow with some pocket time quite nicely.

Lucked into these two canal street punch knives as well. Market has been soft on them for some reason.

Attachments

• IMG_2778.jpeg
    IMG_2778.jpeg
    138 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2779.jpeg
    IMG_2779.jpeg
    130.2 KB · Views: 8
Back