Aces and Eights

This guy is fiiiinally ready for a sheath. Sash style with a stud seems fitting. I may try an inlay also.

JLADhZ0.gif

😁

Took a couple of quick shots that do no justice. I don't usually talk up my work because mostly I think about what I could have done better with each knife but I gotta say this thing is almost elegant. Really looking forward to doing many more in this style
20220104_172701-01.jpeg
20220104_172717-01.jpeg

Absolutely fantastic, John! Wooohoooo!!! Or should I say YeeeeeHaw!! ;)

That turned out exceptionally well John. You created some ergonomic magic on that handle. I love the fact that you rounded and softened the edges on the handle while still retaining good indexing and the coffin shape. So many other makers take the easy way out and leave hard corners all around their coffin handles. The way you incorporated a full circumference concave radius on the back of the guard to seamlessly blended it to the handle is the perfect marriage of form and function to me. Even without holding it in person, I can tell there are no uncomfortable grip positions with that blade. That is an impressive accomplishment on a knife that size! 👏

Congratulations to you and the lucky owner. 👍

Phil

Hey John. Been awhile since I popped in here. Checking out some of the threads. Some good stuff going on in here.

This knife is really nice. I love a good gambler's bowie. I like the slim lines on this and really enjoyed the build along. You did a great job.

Thanks John I appreciate it, glad you stopped by. It took me a while to wrap my head around how to make this one happen the way I wanted it to. It was a tricky build for me but I really enjoyed it.

Hey now, we're all family here, and a merry gang of Riff Raff at a that!

Back