Any Winkler fans?

I think Dan Winkler has done it 100% perfect when it comes to the customer. He has zeroed in on the Military/ Veterans and first responders who use the stink out of the tools he produces. I will always support this company.

I think Dan Winkler has done it 100% perfect when it comes to the customer. He has zeroed in on the Military/ Veterans and first responders who use the stink out of the tools he produces. I will always support this company.
My thoughts exactly. Another company I place orders with I have to put at least 50% down and they are 10 month wait. Don't get me wrong I will still order from him but I love how I can place an order at Winkler and no money due until ready to ship. I'm thinking about ordering the utility crusher and the contingency just because. They are so great to deal with. I would love to stop by their store in Boone but that would be a money pit. She said they try to replenish the store every week. I'm gonna go one day as its only a few hours from me.

I was just up there. “Winkler Actual”. Figured a nice chat and ogle as much as they had in the case.
I knew after my surgery it was going to be awhile. I always leave with a smile on my face and a lift in my step. Good for the soul.

I was just up there. “Winkler Actual”. Figured a nice chat and ogle as much as they had in the case.
I knew after my surgery it was going to be awhile. I always leave with a smile on my face and a lift in my step. Good for the soul.
Just curious if they had any knives with these topo maple scales. I haven't seen them anywhere, but stumbled upon this image going down a rabbit hole the other day. :cool:

Attachments

• winkler-belt-knife-tribal-maple-caswell-finish-283.jpg
    winkler-belt-knife-tribal-maple-caswell-finish-283.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 4
I think those are only available at the general mast store. I could be wrong.

The "General" is only available in Mast General stores; this is a different beast.

Fixedwing Fixedwing that is very interested. No i didn’t see anything like that in the case when i was up there.
I plan on going up in a month or two and i usually browse. If there is something on my list in stock i will talk myself into crossing it off with a purchase. Always a nice day out whether i get something or not.

Fixedwing Fixedwing that is very interested. No i didn’t see anything like that in the case when i was up there.
I plan on going up in a month or two and i usually browse. If there is something on my list in stock i will talk myself into crossing it off with a purchase. Always a nice day out whether i get something or not.
If you don't mind, the next time you're there, ask them about this pattern.

Still confused on the origin or timeline of the WK II marked blades. It was brought up while i was looking at a WK at Winkler Actual and i should have asked then. Duh!

Still confused on the origin or timeline of the WK II marked blades. It was brought up while i was looking at a WK at Winkler Actual and i should have asked then. Duh!
I am not certain of the WK II timeline either. One more reason to make another trip... :cool:

Waiting on 3 myself :)
Every time I see this thread, I'm reminded that I have a Vitamin W Deficiency. Then, I see a lot of bragging and showing off. Jerks!

🙃

After I pay off some medical bills, I'll get a Winkler. One is at the top of my list.

I'd say more, then Blues would come along, scold me-then post a pic of his Winkler(s).

I want to scout carry one and be cool like Bronn.

Looks great J. I received the same mode SD1l (also tribal maple) on Friday. Only two days, but very glad I pulled the trigger on it. Decided on the SD1 over the SD2, due to blade shape and thumb ramp preferences. Sheath looks great, rides fine, and next to no "break-in" needed. Seems I need to be careful not to shred pockets with that clip (front right pocket carry).
I have been clipping mine to my belt on my right hip, locks right over the belt perfect. I always wear a belt though. I can definately see how it would shred pockets though.

Back