Any Winkler fans?

Long time appreciator of Winkler knives, and member here for a bit but have been a lurker on blade forums for probably 10 years. Let’s see some winkler collection pics, I love seeing what people have! This is mine minus a handful that have come in since picture was taken.
View attachment 2545409View attachment 2545410

Soooo........ I take it you have dibs on naming Winkler's firstborn?

Caring the SD1 today, I wish they would make this sheath for the BRH been thinking of sending it to Armatus Carry and have a Kydex sheath made for it, the stock leather sheaths are well made but too bulky for IWB carry.

Yu0YAnl.jpg

My newest Winkler, The General with Grandfather Mountain topo maple grips. This came from the Mast General Store in Boone, North Carolina. Picking my favorite knife from this company is like picking my favorite kid; I just can't. It has however, become my favorite small fixed blade. Excellent fit and finish as you would expect from Winkler. Anyone else have one of these?

(450 included for size comparison)...

Attachments

• IMG_4228[44599].jpg
    IMG_4228[44599].jpg
    514.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4229[44597].jpg
    IMG_4229[44597].jpg
    350.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4227[44600].jpg
    IMG_4227[44600].jpg
    443.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4226[44601].jpg
    IMG_4226[44601].jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4230[44598].jpg
    IMG_4230[44598].jpg
    588.4 KB · Views: 5
WTF? Still cant post pictures????
Already reached my limit??????
Was hoping by now i could get back to sharing pictures with everyone.

Ok if a picture is worth a 1000 words i guess i’ll get started.
After watching all manner of Winkler videos on YouTube i saw “The Mast General” i loved the Topo handle Curly Maple with Grandfather Mountain on it. I said i gotta put that on my Winkler Radar. Mast in Boone was out but had an order in for more.
Back 4 years ago i saw that knife (with a plain Maple handle) and passed on it for the BRH as i wanted one that said Winkler on it. Yes knife snob i guess. I’m sure i have a picture of my BRH on this thread somewhere.

Last edited:
900 to go. So i figured it would be awhile before i heard from Heather at Boone Mast General and having been scheduled for knee replacement surgery on Monday 29th of April i was hoping months before i heard. Nope days. So went up today and picked it up after they said they would hold it for me even a couple weeks after surgery which honestly was a bit presumptuous on my part. So glad i went like their song while on hold says “Going Across the Mountains oh fair ye well
Going cross the mountains let my bango tell….

Eaven and others were so nice to this old gimpy (not for long hopefully) Winkler collector. The knife itself is great. I guess just look at the one recently posted here a page or two back.
Then i went to Winkler Actual and had a great natter about knives with my good Friend Bruce and his lovely wife Heather. I’m sure they are still icing their ears as we speak.
I took several pictures of Winklers there and would post pictures buuuuuuutttt!
They had a monster knife i took pictures that is bigger than my Field Knife by a 1/4 inch but is so thick and wide it feels huge in the hand.
Lake something is the name like Lost Lake or well too much on my mind maybe someone has the correct name.

Sadly i got the Winkler “General” and at Winkler Actual they had a Highland Hunter with the Tribal Walnut handle i was gonna get next but oh well now it’s next on my list again. I figure in 3-4 months of rehab i hopefully can go up and they will have the HHTW that i want if not i’ll wait as it’s certainly worth waiting for.
As far as SD 1 vs SD 2 i like them both. Depends on my mood which one i carry but definitely perfect fixed blade EDC capable.
SD1 is a mini BRH and SD2 is a mini Operator. At least that’s how i see them.
Good night all.

Caring the SD1 today, I wish they would make this sheath for the BRH been thinking of sending it to Armatus Carry and have a Kydex sheath made for it, the stock leather sheaths are well made but too bulky for IWB carry.

Yu0YAnl.jpg
Jou Fuu leather makes a great sheath. It works awesome for both pocket carry as well as being clipped in your waist band. It began to lose retention as I broke it in but after water molding I have good retention and a very satisfying click when resheathing. Here’s a picture of my BRH with their general purpose pouch sheath for 4 inch blades. I believe they have a sheath specifically for the BRH but that came out after I had already bought this one.

Very nice. K kafolarbear . Whilst getting into black powder revolver and rifle shooting the gun shop only in the BP firearm selling woafully under stocked on the supplies to feed them recommended another shop. It’s a mom and pop or to be more correct a pop and son shop that sells all supplies and lots of old guns mostly cowboy and black powder.
The bonus for me is the son does a lot of leather and it would be my choice to bring my knife in and have him make a custom sheath.
I think though a dying breed or skill set maybe check locally for a leather shop. Mine is in Hickory NC but i also had one in Melbourne Florida and there’s one i stumbled upon in Hendersonville NC
So they are around. And that leather smell when you walk in the door is priceless.

Eaven and others were so nice to this old gimpy (not for long hopefully) Winkler collector. The knife itself is great. I guess just look at the one recently posted here a page or two back.
Then i went to Winkler Actual and had a great natter about knives with my good Friend Bruce and his lovely wife Heather. I’m sure they are still icing their ears as we speak.
I took several pictures of Winklers there and would post pictures buuuuuuutttt!
They had a monster knife i took pictures that is bigger than my Field Knife by a 1/4 inch but is so thick and wide it feels huge in the hand.
Lake something is the name like Lost Lake or well too much on my mind maybe someone has the correct name.
I hope you can find a way to post the pictures you have.

Congrats on the General!

Thanks and i’ll keep trying.
Ok just tried again. No joy. I even tried copy & paste. Nada,zilch, zippo, zip

I’ll post photos on my watchforum and maybe one of the members that are members to this forum can copy and post here. Worth a try.

Back