Christmas Gift Exchange

These shipping delays are insane. I was hoping 2 weeks would be enough time for a priority 2 day delivery. I guess I was mistaken.
I have the pairing knife held up in anchorage, a leather working tool in queens, and hardware i need for a buttstock shell holder im making held up in Michigan. All have been just sitting for weeks.

sheesh, either I don't order enough cool stuff or I'm really lucky with USPS/UPS/Fedex/etc

if it's luck, it'll change. and retail therapy is an option [although not as much as I'd like] ;)

macbeth33 macbeth33 — Thanks for the gifts! Not sure who was more excited, me about the Nessmuk, or Desmo about his treats! Looking forward to trying the salsa!

f9nUXlU.jpg

wKerurf.jpg

AReDVry.jpg

mzRGeM2.jpg

The mail always sucks this time of year, that’s why I said the 7th to allow time.

Yeah, but it's a lot worse this year than I can recall seeing in the past.

Agreed. They have said because of COVID, a catastrophic amount of packages are traveling through the mail and other shipping system this year.

Had a great morning with the kiddo. We woke up and had some hot cocoa and coffee with cartoons. I put a fire on in the fireplace. We got a couple inches of snow and the almost-2-year-old wanted to go make a snowman. The snow was horrible for it but it was good for dragging a sled around so he hitched up his dad-powered sleigh and we took off around the neighborhood while Mom stayed home with the baby and dog.

Later on when playing camp, we finally put a fire in the stove I received this year in the exchange. We ended up getting the boy a Bosch toy powertool set complete with a chainsaw so we cut a little firewood while we were at it.

I should've taken more pictures of Jack playing but we were having too much fun with the new toys.
G5YkLMVl.jpg

Good news, my exchange gift arrived this afternoon!! Really cool, a nice small fixed blade with kydex sheath, an AG Russell small pocket knife in a pattern I was actually looking at, I think it is a muskrat (ATS34 from Japan, I think a cocobolo handle), coffee latte mix, and some chocolate. How he knew I liked small fixed blades and a pocket pattern I was looking for makes me think he had my name on a list, and checked it twice. Thanks Secret Santa!! I will try and get some pics up later.

IMG_0457.JPG IMG_0458.JPG
Good news, my exchange gift arrived this afternoon!! Really cool, a nice small fixed blade with kydex sheath, an AG Russell small pocket knife in a pattern I was actually looking at, I think it is a muskrat (ATS34 from Japan, I think a cocobolo handle), coffee latte mix, and some chocolate. How he knew I liked small fixed blades and a pocket pattern I was looking for makes me think he had my name on a list, and checked it twice. Thanks Secret Santa!! I will try and get some pics up later.

Back