CPM-3V... Maybe Sooner than we thought? (see post#22)

It's not economically feasible for me to make any fewer than about a dozen of these. If we get half a dozen guys who are for sure on one, then I will pull the trigger on a run of a dozen, and risk getting stuck with half a dozen 3V blanks of a what I believe is a great knife design.
Please count me in for one if available.

Dear 3V, you don’t scare me.

IMG-6826.jpg

Please note the geometry on the knife during the video was about .020” behind the edge. This is thicker than I typically like. I ground it thinner, to about .012” behind the edge which is where I like it and tested again. Still no edge damage but slight ripple behind the edge. So if anyone wants one of these at the “unbreakable” edge level they will need to let me know, as my default will be to prioritize good cutting geometry for realistic knife tasks rather than novelty levels of toughness at the expense of premium cutting geometry.

Please note the geometry on the knife during the video was about .020” behind the edge. This is thicker than I typically like. I ground it thinner, to about .012” behind the edge which is where I like it and tested again. Still no edge damage but slight ripple behind the edge. So if anyone wants one of these at the “unbreakable” edge level they will need to let me know, as my default will be to prioritize good cutting geometry for realistic knife tasks rather than novelty levels of toughness at the expense of premium cutting geometry.
I agree 3v edges needs to be thicker than what steels you normally like to do.... (me too)

Back