Destructive Knife Steel Testing . . .

Edit: It's a real fun one. I swear.
Watched the whole thing earlier today which is what prompted me to crank on my War Sword.

There’s some right in the video but also so so much wrong. Many assumptions, many things said with zero evidence.

His main gripe is the prices. Not the performance.
To say Cold Steel is anywhere near Busse in performance is asinine, and I own and use ALOT of Cold Steel. Busses don’t break easily as you can clearly see from my last posts, and many many many many other testimonies.

“Don’t buy expensive knives!!” -proceeds to name his favorite expensive knives.. that also have no warranty but cost almost as much as some Busses.

Also 17:00 Wut..?

I will continue to watch Joe X with a major grain of salt as I have been doing, just to see knives get beat on, cuz thats what I like to do too.
Maybe I should make my own review channel. I mean.. If this guy can do it.

So there is a new double dart steel heart made for joex to test. What do you guys think. I think he could do it.
v2C7ajY.jpeg

Edit: It's a real fun one. I swear.
“I don’t need the money - I do this for a living. I can buy any knives I want - Well, I can’t buy all the knives. I’m done with women - Well, except hookers. Busse rhymes with pussy, that’s why he gets picked on.”🤪🤪🤪

Allllll over the place. Completely contradictory. Inflammatory only to attract viewers. Ya know, since he has all the money in the world and doesn’t need to do this, yet he does it for a living. Also, did you know he has a whopping TWELVE go pros?🙄

Busse rhymes with “fussy”, not “pussy”, you absolute simpleton. Can’t believe I wasted that much of my life watching this f@cktard.

Whatever happens in this thread should be the exact opposite of the joex approach. "I do this for a living." ......It's true, but he's a professional entertainer, not a professional tester.

The easiest way to know this is by asking the question: what happens if he fails as a professional entertainer? His channel collapses. What happens if he fails as a professional tester? Nothing at all.

Conversely, what happens if Jerry Busse (or Nathan Carothers, etc.) fail in their testing? They go broke. What happens if they stop entertaining? Not much at all. That's why I'm more interested in Busse's destruction testing than JoeX's. They have skin in the game for getting it right. Joex has skin in the game for being provocative.

Whatever happens in this thread should be the exact opposite of the joex approach. "I do this for a living." ......It's true, but he's a professional entertainer, not a professional tester.

The easiest way to know this is by asking the question: what happens if he fails as a professional entertainer? His channel collapses. What happens if he fails as a professional tester? Nothing at all.

Conversely, what happens if Jerry Busse (or Nathan Carothers, etc.) fail in their testing? They go broke. What happens if they stop entertaining? Not much at all. That's why I'm more interested in Busse's destruction testing than JoeX's. They have skin in the game for getting it right. Joex has skin in the game for being provocative.
+10000

“I don’t need the money - I do this for a living. I can buy any knives I want - Well, I can’t buy all the knives. I’m done with women - Well, except hookers. Busse rhymes with pussy, that’s why he gets picked on.”🤪🤪🤪

Allllll over the place. Completely contradictory. Inflammatory only to attract viewers. Ya know, since he has all the money in the world and doesn’t need to do this, yet he does it for a living. Also, did you know he has a whopping TWELVE go pros?🙄

Busse rhymes with “fussy”, not “pussy”, you absolute simpleton. Can’t believe I wasted that much of my life watching this f@cktard.
For what it's worth...

He never said he does this for a living, he is Austrian military.

He said he doesn't need the money because he has the money, and he explained that he can't buy every knife which doesn't contradict anything about money, but he was talking about time.

Joe doesn't need the testing at all- if he fails he just has more time and money than he would have otherwise.

For what it's worth...

He never said he does this for a living, he is Austrian military.

He said he doesn't need the money because he has the money, and he explained that he can't buy every knife which doesn't contradict anything about money, but he was talking about time.

Joe doesn't need the testing at all- if he fails he just has more time and money than he would have otherwise.

At the end of the day he is free to do what he wants. All testing is good even if not repeatable. It's pretty obvious he has a bias against expensive american knives. The ASH2 lasted way longer than the skrama, yet the skrama was badazz and the Busse was meh. This displays his bias. And that coupled with all the other variables, makes comparisons nearly worthless. He should have taken a page from Noss.

The basic 7 he destroyed
MsdccpM.jpg

The bottom knife is what they normally look like, and then his, showing how much metal he ground off it. I never noticed the notch he ground at the top of the ricasso.
SRYQSeB.jpg

Am I correct in understanding that he ground away a significant portion of the blade, and added a deep stress riser to the ricasso, before destroying the knife in one of his "tests"? If so, did he bring any of this up in his video?

His test is like red lining your vehicle engine until it explodes,. The knife was doing great through the real knife test part.
Don't take your every day vehicle out rockclimbing in the Arizona desert, it's probably not gonna make it very far. I don't care how much you paid for it, you can't get mad at the manufacturer for your bumpers and wheels falling off.

experiments using the scientific method should be easy and repeatable so anyone can test the results.

right? not just bash and smash indiscriminately?

Ok … Would hate to muck up this promising thread Jerry created for us bombing it with Joe x stuff

Simply put Joe x is a tortured soul. He had animosity towards women, strokes his internal insecurities by trying to troll manufactures, and building drooling mouth breather fan base. The constant use of “fanboy” is very cringe too. This is not relevant to the quality fan base we have here that actually understands and knows how to use knives.

Looking forward to seeing some proper knife testing. I’ve used many different fixed blades and put things through the mill many broken some not. Busse has always come out as top tier.

Last edited:
A lot of subjective opinions being offered all around this Joe Shmoe guys BS. So, here’s some more of the same from me: 😁

I own a few Busse ASH2s and am always looking for oh just 1 more if the price is right. ;) I have used some of them very hard. Harder than most manufacturers intended for most knives of similar size and weight. They have always performed phenomenally well. The Busse ASH2 is my favorite fix blade of all time and remains so after watching blowhardX’s “testing” I was very happy with how well it held up under blowX abuse. If even a fraction of the crap in life performed as well as the ASH2 did under those circumstances, the world would be a much better place! And my blood pressure would probably be a few points lower.

Thank you Jerry Busse Jerry Busse for agreeing to undertake this rigorous and expensive knife and steel testing, and for taking it seriously. I am much looking forward to your results sir!

Sincerely,

Hyde

His test is like red lining your vehicle engine until it explodes,. The knife was doing great through the real knife test part.
Don't take your every day vehicle out rockclimbing in the Arizona desert, it's probably not gonna make it very far. I don't care how much you paid for it, you can't get mad at the manufacturer for your bumpers and wheels falling off.
Fwiw taking your engine to redline till it explodes is an intrinsic part of how engines are actually tested in looking for weak points.
And I will be taking my every day vehicle to moab for rock crawling sssooo 🤷‍♂️

With that being said soon here Jerry himself will also be doing some redline until explosion testing albeit scientifically and I think that will be an all around win and when I go offroading and rock crawling, especially at blue holler here in Kentucky- ill have my Busse with me 💪🏻

Back