Disassembly pics?

I took this picture after finishing some mods to my Sencut Mims. Forgive the low light but I figured I should cross-post it here for the guys who like ogling internals.

JXJz82o.jpg

This is the first time I've seen a CRK with two different scale dates.
DOB on this one is April 18, 2023. Perhaps they had extra show side scales from prior year; curious to know whether others with early '23 DOB have the same.

My large 21 has two different scale dates. C & D. I initially thought something was off, but I ordered mine from Dan at PC. Then it went back to CRK for some work. They didn’t say anything so it must be legit.

Giant Mouse ACE REO.

This one is made LionSteel. Overall, better construction and finishing than whoever was making the GM knives like the Biblio and Tribeca. Bearings are interesting. LS uses what appears to be copper anti-seize as a lubricant. Cleaned off here. Knife worked well without it (or any lubrication), but I reapplied Loctite 8008 when I reassembled. The only suggestion I would have for GM on this knife is that the blade needs a detent ramp. On closing, the blade, it is a bit too easy to build up some force behind the detent and then have the blade catch your finger as literally flies closed. Magnacut on this knife is fantastic. Took a super sharp edge.

To LionSteel's credit, this knife reassembled perfectly. just tighten everything down and I had perfect centering, lockup and no blade play.

GJ2Ltru.jpeg

Last edited:

Didnt know the Milwaukees have pb washers! Pretty cool

My large size 21 has two different scale dates. C & D. I initially thought something was off, but I ordered mine from Dan at PC. Then it went back to CRK for some work. They didn’t say anything so it must be legit.

My large 21 CGG Mediterranean has B and D16. Now my small 21 wood inlay dates are completely different with C16 and then B14 on the lockside. Never sent either in but I suppose they could have been at some point since they weren't purchased new. My inkosi and zaan dates are the same for each scale.

Back