Disassembly pics?

Opinel_No7_disaasembled_800x391.jpg

So Kizer recently started a new budget line with their Laconic series. The prices are all just under $50 and they seem to be aimed at competing with Sencut. They look a bit more basic but taking one apart led to a few surprises.

- The pivot and both spacers are captured! I love Sencut but they have free-spinning pivots at this price. Heck, Kansept has free-spinning pivots in more expensive knives.

- Multi-row bearings! šŸ˜®

These are both cool features, especially given the sub-$50 price tag. Of course, a minor con is that it is a little bit trickier to correctly reassemble the knife. Aside from lining up all three D-shapes, you've got to get the tension just right on both sides versus the liner and the washer. Once you do though, the action is slick and the lock-up is solid.

Dso1uiy.jpg

rl69jos.jpg

nyeM7O1.jpg

So the Kizer Seahorse does not run on multi-row bearings but the action is decent and the lock-up is notably solid. Like the other knife I took apart from their new Laconic line, both the pivot and the body screws are captured.

Here is a pic with clothes on before the reveal.

1EYPRM8.jpg

H7xXv8L.jpg

cRcNghP.jpg

How is it possible for a knife company to not have washers in the Ti scales for the bearings to run on?
Indeed, it bothers my OCD to have tracks in my titanium scales. But to be honest they don't have any impact on the stability of the blade.

Indeed, it bothers my OCD to have tracks in my titanium scales. But to be honest they don't have any impact on the stability of the blade.
Just though over years of use the track in the Ti will get deeper because Ti is softer than hardened steel.

Back