SAKs & Other Knives - Carried Together

Went out to test drive a new acquisition and brought the Super Tinker (didnt figure I'd need a saw today ;)). The axe head is stamped "Berghaus Sweden", which I'm unfamiliar with. Too, the head is convexed top to bottom, as in paralell to the cutting edge, which is another new one for me. This odd shape gives it more of a chunky, splitter look... I was pleasantly surprised at how brilliantly it worked for felling/ bucking too.

RIMG0075 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/153108294@N08/, on Flickr

Last edited:
0kl8gMF.jpg

I really like that fixed blade, looks like a great companion. Who’s the maker?
It's a Spyderco Bradley Bowie mate. I was told they are getting hard to find, but to be honest I haven't looked for one. It's a really nice knife to hold with smooth scales. It's one of my favourites.
I like to skin an animal with all my fixed blade knives just to say I've used it, it makes me feel better about buying them 😂🤣. So one down side I found is it's very slippery with blood on the scales.

PXL_20240123_193813939~2.jpg

Dan 🦘🇦🇺

It's a Spyderco Bradley Bowie mate. I was told they are getting hard to find, but to be honest I haven't looked for one. It's a really nice knife to hold with smooth scales. It's one of my favourites.
I like to skin an animal with all my fixed blade knives just to say I've used it, it makes me feel better about buying them 😂🤣. So one down side I found is it's very slippery with blood on the scales.
Thanks for the mini review. 👍 It’s a really nice looking knife. The handle getting slippery is a negative but otherwise first rate. I don’t like the look of the grippy rubber like handles but they are nice when getting them wet. So much safer.

Haven't been in this neck of the woods for a wee bit, but Happy belated Australia Day. Hope it was a good one, mates.

Picked up this flipper for a song because it has bearings (something new to the accumulation). Glad I did, it's turning out to be quite a satisfying workhorse. The Exec is an almost constant companion.

ZlnWRQm.jpg

Back