Tanto challenge

20240426-074116.jpg

For next 2 months (May and June) I will be using exclusively these 2 knives.

I heard plenty of people say how tantos aren't particularly useful for anything except stabbing car hoods.
I like tantos. And my guess is that it's just a myth. So, after seeing another challenge on here (small knife challenge), I decided to do a tanto challenge. And thanks to personal bet with my real life friend - I will only be using tanto knives for next 2 months.

Now I wonder if anyone disliking tanto knives will try to do similar challenge and if that might change their opinion of tanto blades...

If you include the traditional type tanto that has just a single curved edge , with no second point / front edge , you can do almost any task .

These are more pointed , which is all that limits some tanto tips with low angle leading edge . :cool:
I 100% agree, but I'll just use what I already have at hand. Buying a knife specifically for a challenge isn't really my thing for few things:

1. I'm kinda broke at the moment.
2. I want to see performance of knives I already own.
3. These knives are also pretty much what a lot people imagine when they hear a word "tanto".
4. I'm willing to bet there is more people out there that own Recon Tanto than Fox Ryu for example. In Europe, Recon Tanto can be bought for under 60€ which is what your average Joe will buy, more expensive variations still have same size and grind. About Recon 1 - I'd get Voyager for tanto folder... but I got Recon1 tanto as birthday gift (because I lost my spear point Recon1), so that's why I'm using Recon1.

Back