What SAK are ya totin' today?

Believe it or not but I have one of their watches, a Revue Thommen Grandville dress watch. I have a bad picture of it on my brother's wrist. I gave it to him in 2014 and it came back to me when he passed in 2020.

Revue Thommen Sanford 0302151344-00.jpg

I was able to contact the company and get information from their archives on it when I bought it as new old stock in 2010.

Screenshot 2024-02-17 164919.pngScreenshot 2024-02-17 164933.png

Believe it or not but I have one of their watches, a Revue Thommen Grandville dress watch. I have a bad picture of it on my brother's wrist. I gave it to him in 2014 and it came back to me when he passed in 2020.

Revue Thommen Sanford 0302151344-00.jpg

I was able to contact the company and get information from their archives on it when I bought it as new old stock in 2010.

Screenshot 2024-02-17 164919.png
Screenshot 2024-02-17 164933.png

Thanks, I'm really sorry about your brother's death, but this is a good watch.

craytab craytab

May I ask where you found the ultem scales on your SAK? I've seen a few on ebay for ~20 bucks but was wondering if it's "real" ultem and not a cheaper plastic imitation?

craytab craytab

May I ask where you found the ultem scales on your SAK? I've seen a few on ebay for ~20 bucks but was wondering if it's "real" ultem and not a cheaper plastic imitation?
I got them from a similar place. If a paid sponsor here had them, I'd buy there for sure, but at this point, it looks to me that any reasonable priced ultem or PEI stuff has to be found elsewhere. There are some specialty sites that have ultem things for ridiculous prices, but you can get the same exact items, from the source, at 1/3 the price.

These look, weigh, and feel like ultem to me. They were not a perfect snap on fit. I used some gorilla glue and a vice over night and they seem to be staying like they should. There are a few sharp spots, like the cut out for the Philips. The machining in the groves was a little ruff, but a minute or two of flits smoothed it out. I'm not worried about having to do that since cheap lesser plastic would show the type of ruff milling needing this sort of attention. Kind of lets you know it is real, if that makes sense.

I did go into it knowing it was a bit of a risk considering the source. You must realize that with these sort of things. If there was a reasonable alternative, I would have taken it. Overall, I'm happy with the purchase and comfortable with the risk I took.

Back