Who still carries a Case Knife?

A big Case fan here who is very disappointed. I am told case will stop stamping the tang on thier blades. The blades will be marked with lettering that easily peels. For this drop in quality, I will probably carry and buy used Case knives made before this happens.

Wharncliffe Mini-Trapper

JuKo6Hd.jpg

W3yPeoq.jpg

Of course I've been carrying my Case 75 pattern, but also the 65 pattern folding hunter. I met a gent in the store the other day who had a Case hat on, so I struck up a conversation with him. He had an older Case, similar to a copperhead. It had 2 blade, and was about 3 3/4" in length. He didn't know the name of the pattern. We passed around my two and his one Case knives for a few minutes and then we parted ways. He got excited when I pulled out the Folding Hunter, even though it's a new production knife.

I don't see the laser etch "peeling away" per say, maybe wearing away quicker. Just depends on how deep the etch gets put in. Laser removes material. It'll basically be engraved into the tang.

A big Case fan here who is very disappointed. I am told case will stop stamping the tang on thier blades. The blades will be marked with lettering that easily peels. For this drop in quality, I will probably carry and buy used Case knives made before this happens.
I much prefer carrying an older Case (pre 1980) than any of the newer ones.

I used the wrong word. Scratches away or removes easily would be correct.
Thanks for the clarification but I will still disagree with the rest you posted.
I have zero experience with laser engraving doing as you suggested?? 🤔😁
John 🍻

Thanks for the clarification but I will still disagree with the rest you posted.
I have zero experience with laser engraving doing as you suggested?? 🤔😁
John 🍻
When you buy sockets, do the best ones have the sizes stamped on or is it the ones lazer engraved?

When you buy sockets, do the best ones have the sizes stamped on or is it the ones lazer engraved?
I definitely agree with you on that point. I like the deeper stamped much better. (I work as an industrial mechanic, for what it's worth). We have machine parts that are sometimes laser etched instead of stamping for reference & part numbers. Some are as you describe, very light & hard to see. Others are deep cut, just as deep as stamping but with cleaner lines. It all depends on how they set the laser up to cut the individual part.
I hope Case can keep a similar depth & we don't loose much with their new way of doing things.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention btw, it's definitely an interesting topic 👍

Back