Who still carries a Case Knife?

Here is an interesting one!

This is an SFO from foggy hill dated 2022

The nickel bolster is definitely lazered "1095 carbon"

It looks to me like the rest of the stamps are lazer engraved as well, but they are nice and deep

What do you think?
They may be. It's kind of hard to tell from here (I'm looking at it on a smartphone)...
The ones on the carbon look more "pulsed" than straight lines like on your razor. Maybe Case sets the laser up different for the various steels, carbon vs stainless. Or maybe just switched up the programming for whatever reason. Idk, I'm not very knowledgeable on laser engraving, maybe someone here can give us a better explanation.

They may be. It's kind of hard to tell from here (I'm looking at it on a smartphone)...
The ones on the carbon look more "pulsed" than straight lines like on your razor. Maybe Case sets the laser up different for the various steels, carbon vs stainless. Or maybe just switched up the programming for whatever reason. Idk, I'm not very knowledgeable on laser engraving, maybe someone here can give us a better explanation.
The nice deeper ones do look pulsed, that's a good description of it.

One last one here unless someone wants to see some other ones.

This is the Buffalo horn s35vn from 2022 and it's lazer engraved deeply. The bolsters and the tang markings.

That one looks like it would be a closer match to my Eureka Jack as far as depth & styling goes. It's 154-CM steel. I wish I had a magnifier to post a comparison pic.

And, my Case knife carry for this week is my Bradford 5347, three spring stag stockman....
As I do most of my three blades, I "ergo'd" this one... I took the silly hump off the sheepfoot blade, and lowered it just a touch, and took the silly hump off the spey blade, making it more of a spear shape... These tweaks make these knives SO much more user-friendly.
I really like the three spring version of the 47's.... no "krinking" of the sheepfoot to get it to nest properly. All blades straight, and lined up nicely....

Before ergo...

View attachment 2557870

After ergo...

View attachment 2557871

View attachment 2557882

View attachment 2557885
I remember some time ago, somebody mentioned their three spring 47. Huh?? Three spring?? I had to go get my 6347 out & look. I carried, sharpened, and oiled that thing, I don't know how many times, and never really noticed it had three springs.:)

I remember some time ago, somebody mentioned their three spring 47. Huh?? Three spring?? I had to go get my 6347 out & look. I carried, sharpened, and oiled that thing, I don't know how many times, and never really noticed it had three springs.:)
I thought it would be oddly thick or a weird design... It's actually genius. Three straight blades. No thicker than a normal stockman. I like it! #47 is a winner.

And, my Case knife carry for this week is my Bradford 5347, three spring stag stockman....
As I do most of my three blades, I "ergo'd" this one... I took the silly hump off the sheepfoot blade, and lowered it just a touch, and took the silly hump off the spey blade, making it more of a spear shape... These tweaks make these knives SO much more user-friendly.
I really like the three spring version of the 47's.... no "krinking" of the sheepfoot to get it to nest properly. All blades straight, and lined up nicely....
Nice job! I appreciate seeing little tweaks & mods that can make a big difference. How is the pull compared to a similar two spring model? Is it lighter or not enough to really notice?

Before ergo...

View attachment 2557870

After ergo...

View attachment 2557871

View attachment 2557882

View attachment 2557885
Wonderful handles on your 47. OH

The ones on the carbon look more "pulsed" than straight lines like on your razor.
That's the way our lasers work... they are a series of overlapping pulses... the frequency setting determines how tight the pulses are together.
I don't pretend to understand all the ways to tweak the program, but all of the control settings determine the depth of the engraving, and even the color that the engraving can be. On titanium, we can have colors from dark gray (black) to blue, even gold.... all controlled by the power,frequency, and speed of the movement of the laser, usually in inches/second.

Nice job! I appreciate seeing little tweaks & mods that can make a big difference. How is the pull compared to a similar two spring model? Is it lighter or not enough to really notice?
Mine seems to be a little lighter, perhaps, but it definitely doesn't feel "weak".... about like an SAK.... which is considered to be, what, a 5 on the scale? I have some Case knives that are definitely more on the upper end of the scale... the main blade on this one is very smooth, about a 5, and the two secondaries are maybe a 6.... just slightly heavier... but that could very well be just the shorter blade/leverage thing.
I'll have to go check my two spring versions, but I think I remember them being slightly heavier pulls...

Wonderful handles on your 47. OH
Thanks... I was pleased to find one that was that even... Case, IMO, has not been all that great in matching stag... sometimes they do a really good job of it, but I think GEC is better at "matching" stag than Case is.
Case is hands down better at jigging bone, though... again, IMO.... 😁

Mine seems to be a little lighter, perhaps, but it definitely doesn't feel "weak".... about like an SAK.... which is considered to be, what, a 5 on the scale? I have some Case knives that are definitely more on the upper end of the scale... the main blade on this one is very smooth, about a 5, and the two secondaries are maybe a 6.... just slightly heavier... but that could very well be just the shorter blade/leverage thing.
I'll have to go check my two spring versions, but I think I remember them being slightly heavier pulls...

Thanks... I was pleased to find one that was that even... Case, IMO, has not been all that great in matching stag... sometimes they do a really good job of it, but I think GEC is better at "matching" stag than Case is.
Case is hands down better at jigging bone, though... again, IMO.... 😁
Yeah, I think Case does a much better job on jigging. Theirs looks random & natural, while GEC's jigging always looks repetitive & machine made.
A good example:

I dunno man I got a couple average cases knives that are just fine, and one that no one cared about at all during assembly.... But I also have a few that are at least on the level... Maybe even more so because cases bone is outstanding.

UzcSlgKE_o.jpg
IU5GmIyj_o.jpg

Back