2012 Buck 124?

Ok!124 experts got a few more questions please!

1. Was the original 124 a little thicker than the 2012 124 ?

2. What was the weight of the original was it the same as the 2012 124LE?

3. Was 440C better than the current 420HC?

4. Why did Buck stop using 440C?

1. No, I just measured three old ones and they measure .179 at the guard, identical to the new one.

2. The original seems to have averaged lighter than the new one. The three I weighed (old ones) averaged about 12.5 oz. The new one weighed in at 13.51 oz.

3. Matter of opinion.

4. I understand that it was too hard to work with using their new blade stamping equipment. Others can elaborate on that.

1. No, I just measured three old ones and they measure .179 at the guard, identical to the new one.

2. The original seems to have averaged lighter than the new one. The three I weighed (old ones) averaged about 12.5 oz. The new one weighed in at 13.51 oz.

3. Matter of opinion.

4. I understand that it was too hard to work with using their new blade stamping equipment. Others can elaborate on that.

Thank you Sir.

I can't speak to most of your questions, but I can say that Buck's 420HC blade steel is outstanding. Holds a great edge and dresses up quickly, when required. It's a great steel and won't let you down. I have a 192 that has seen a good bit of use and a couple of strokes with a ceramic rod is all it takes to bring it back to shaving sharp.

It's Buck's standard blade steel and it's really good stuff, IMO. The 124 in 420HC is an excellent big blade. I just wish I'd bought two!

I can't speak to most of your questions, but I can say that Buck's 420HC blade steel is outstanding. Holds a great edge and dresses up quickly, when required. It's a great steel and won't let you down. I have a 192 that has seen a good bit of use and a couple of strokes with a ceramic rod is all it takes to bring it back to shaving sharp.

It's Buck's standard blade steel and it's really good stuff, IMO. The 124 in 420HC is an excellent big blade. I just wish I'd bought two!

Yes I have two 124's myself, I like the 420HC but have never had a Buck in 440C. I guess I want to know how the 440C stacked up against the 420HC.

Back