.45 ACP vs 9mm vs .38 Special

Hmmmm, what if I sent you factory grips to use as a guide ?
Not pressuring you, just curious.

And as a bonus, I would let you keep them for future use!
I have the aluminum grips that are like holding cheese graders.
I love them.

Hmmmm, what if I sent you factory grips to use as a guide ?
Not pressuring you, just curious.

And as a bonus, I would let you keep them for future use!
I have the aluminum grips that are like holding cheese graders.
I love them.

I would be willing to try.

I own a SA Lwt Champion Operator and a Loaded in 45 and an EMP in 9MM ...and I dont own but have shot the Mil Spec. it shot well but you could tell a bit of difference after being used to the others. That is in no way meant to knock it I think its a decent gun just doesnt have the fit and finish of the others ... and it may be partially Im used to shooting mine and they arent just stock so its not the fairest comparison

As far as the .357 magnum is concerned, it’s a show-stopper partly due to wadcutters being used. Soft, semi-jacketed lead simply works well on soft targets. You can’t so easily use such rounds in a semi-automatic given its need to properly cycle. I’ve noticed this, in particular, with my Rossi R92 lever action…semi-jacketed led rounds don’t feed as easily due to the fact that there’s exposed lead. Works great when hitting a pig, coyote, deer, or human, however.

Granted, that said, every round has its benefit and drawback. What you carry every day is more important than what you could carry every day. There are days where the most I can carry is an LCP, and there are times where I could easily get away with carrying a P227.

My favorite guns are my HK P7M8, S&W 328 TRR8, and Colt-McCormick Factory Racer, however. I just don’t tend to carry them much.

I was rocking my S&W 342 earlier. Great gun, and its easy to carry. Had it, a Busse SAR3, and a Strider AR FL on me while running errands earlier.

I just took my glock 19 to the range today for the first time. I traded my full size m&p 40 for it. I am so happy I did, but I will be even happier when my permit gets here. I'm still a very inexperienced shooter but the glock was much more managable then the m&p.

I just took my glock 19 to the range today for the first time. I traded my full size m&p 40 for it. I am so happy I did, but I will be even happier when my permit gets here. I'm still a very inexperienced shooter but the glock was much more managable then the m&p.

The 19 is a good choice, not too large, and not so small that it's hard to control. I liked the grip size on the 19 better than my 17, so I cut the frame on my 17 down to 19 specs and use magazines for the 19 in it.

The 19 is a good choice, not too large, and not so small that it's hard to control. I liked the grip size on the 19 better than my 17, so I cut the frame on my 17 down to 19 specs and use magazines for the 19 in it.

That's an interesting combo, full size slide, with the long sight radius, and a compact frame. Similar to the Colt CCO. Did you preform this surgery yourself or have it done? And did you do anything with the grip circumference during the process? Let's see some pictures.

I did it myself, and also rounded the front of the trigger guard, and added Heinie Straight 8 sights. I left the circumference of the grip alone. I'll add some photos later, but I'm sure you've all seen it before.

5l1b3r.jpg

I love what you've done. I wouldn't mind rounding the trigger guard of mine eventualy.
Here is my contribution
utCQwsB.jpg

Yeah, parts of me wanted to go sig, walther, or springfield, but I figured I would settle on the "safe" glock. I may expand on my "collection" later on. I just new that this would be a good gun to start figuring out what I like and don't like.
I still want to pick up a snub nose 38 though. I have had a fascination with them ever since seeing my grandpa's old chief's special. But I have much more pressing priorities at the moment.

I seen that. I watch SlickGuns.com a lot on ammunition.

That's how I find all my .22lr bullets

Cabela's has the best shipping out of any online dealer IMO.
Most of the others charge $15+ just to ship ONE box of ammo.

I refuse to buy ammo from Natchez Shooter's or Midway USA anymore.

Cabela's never over charges for shipping.

We just drove 25 miles to the store in Indiana, and got it. Did not even know it was on sale until we got there.

Back