A Simple Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we all agree to disagree. All I know is that CRK can sell more knives than they can produce. While a few people have had negative experiences, the overwhelming majority of their customers are thrilled. Hence all the hard earned quality awards. My next one is due to arrive tomorrow.

:thumbup:

I've bought from most of the major manufactors for a long time now(I have way more Spyderco's, Case, Busse, etc.. than CRK's), and still do, and none comes close to having the quality control CRK does.
Like you said, hence the quality awards.

I've only had to send one sebenza(90's model) back with a sticky lock. It came back last year with great lockup, and the even re-blasted the scales and blade for me.
With two other major manufactures i didn't have that kind of service. One said it "met specs", and the other came back worse than it was.
It bothered me, but I never brought it to the boards, nor will I ever. No company is 100% perfect. If I'm not happy I do just move along and "don't look back". I'll never come here to whine about a knife company, and if I did it would be in the GB@U, not their own room.
I feel its better to move on, than starting an agenda trying to hurt a companies business.

I do hate it that some want to turn others away from CRK with their agenda, and from some of the post from people that don't know much about CRK it seems to be working. Very sad indeed. I hope people can see through all of this, and realize they are the best production folders made.

Time for me to stay away from this thread, or at least I'm going to try.

For people new to CRK...this is the internet, so please don't believe all you read. Or at least take the time to read more about CRK outside of this thread. Top notch company, with a great warranty.

pvicenzi, I also have one due to come in wed. I was bummed i missed Blade this year, and searched most of the day sat. I found a large regular Pheasant Tail with BG-42 at a good price.

Thank you for the detailed pictures on the Umnumzaan. I really want to purchase this knife. Unfortunately, for me, the issue of what is covered and not covered in the Lifetime Warranty casts a shadow over the entire Brand of products.

Pleasure

I like knives. I have been on forums long enough to realise there are always issues with someones warranty or model or lock or steel. Be it Benchmade,Cold Steel, Spyderco, Strider, Emerson from A to Z. Not everyone is happy. Best advice is to contact to maker directly or buy the product and draw your own conclusion from numerous opinions stated on the forums.

Wow. After reading over 300 posts in this thread I learned that one of the knives in question was owned by five (5) different people. Chris Reeve should have mentioned that in his first post. It is clear to me that the Lifetime Warranty as written is only good for the original user/purchaser. That makes sense and I agree with it.

So, my question is whether the lock bar is covered under the Lifetime Warranty for the Original User/Purchaser?

Wow. After reading over 300 posts in this thread I learned that one of the knives in question was owned by five (5) different people. Chris

So, my question is whether the lock bar is covered under the Lifetime Warranty for the Original User/Purchaser?

Yes, it is covered. Yes, yes, yes.

I even told them I was not the original owner of the knife I sent back. Not only did they fix the sticky lock, they also went ahead and refurbished the whole knife for me! They will take great care of you!

Yes, it is covered. Yes, yes, yes.

I believe some of the people that have had issues were the original owners of their knife.

The problem I see with how they handled wolf was they took his money to refurb the knife (100 something dollars), supposedly fixed the minor blade play, sent it back with the same issue it went in for, then Chris cussed him out on the phone when he called with the issue and told him it'd be another $100 plus for a new lock bar cause he abused it. If the knife had a serious lock issue why wouldn't they have contacted him and informed him when he had first sent it in; give him the option to either have it done then or just have them send the knife back; cause quite frankly whats the point in having a beautiful refurbed knife with lock issues?

And this refusing sale/service on Chris whim is BS, sorry but that's not how it should be.

On a plus, thanks to whoever posted the pics of the Umnum's lockbar; definitely looks more solid then heat treated Ti. Forget about a large 21 micarta, Umnum's on the list now:thumbup:

-sh00ter

Last edited:
Per "Why isn't the customer always right?" Because they are often full of BS. Just look at the jackasses whipping this thread.

CRK business is strong enough, plus they have the guts, to tell the customer who is wrong, where to get off. Just another reason to admire the company.

Do I believe that Chris Reeve, who designed the knife and has made it for 25 years, knows when a sebenza is abused? Damn straight I do.

For all of you who own an Umnumzaan.
Do the Umnumzaan ever get returned with damaged ceramic balls?
Do they ever develop "lock rock" or any other blade play as a result of deformation/wear of the lock face like we see on the Sebenza? (weather abuse or not)
Has anyone had one develop any blade play at all?

Per "Why isn't the customer always right?" Because they are often full of BS. Just look at the jackasses whipping this thread.

CRK business is strong enough, plus they have the guts, to tell the customer who is wrong, where to get off. Just another reason to admire the company.

Do I believe that Chris Reeve, who designed the knife and has made it for 25 years, knows when a sebenza is abused? Damn straight I do.

A good example of what this thread should not be. I am sure CRK does not appreciate your comments, and does not have telling the customer "where to get off" as a model of how to conduct business. I also think Chris is open-minded enough to step back and investigate what is going on and not just assume he knows everything because he is doing tests to try to find a potential answer to these defects/abuse.

So, this thread comes down to this statement: Do you believe a few internet posters who you don't know, and who use random names, or do you believe a respected manufacture? Sorry, but you anonymous folks loose.

...Do you believe a few internet posters who you don't know...

You/we don't REALLY know Chris either.

...and who use random names...

What's this have to do with anything, IT'S AN INTERNET FORUM.

...or do you believe a respected manufacture? Sorry, but you anonymous folks loose.

Just because Chris/CRK is respected in the knife community doesn't mean that these folks issues and problems don't exist and aren't real.

Your post pretty much says, Chris can do what he wants, shouldn't be held accountable for his actions, and screw those with any type of problem. That's pretty much what you just said. Do you really believe this?

-sh00ter

Just because Chris/CRK is respected in the knife community doesn't mean that these folks issues and problems don't exist and aren't real.

Your post pretty much says, Chris can do what he wants, shouldn't be held accountable for his actions, and screw those with any type of problem. That's pretty much what you just said. Do you really believe this?

-sh00ter
Exactly. Your problems are between you and Mr. Reeve. He heart your feelings like a school girl and you can't take it. If you are not man enough to deal with him directly, leave the rest of us out of it.

-sh00ter

No, what he said was that he would rather trust a very, very well respected maker that has been a part of the industry for 40 years, with a reputation of extreme precision and excellent customer service... or a bunch of random people on "AN INTERNET FORUM" who swear on their life that their particular sample (of which they have no knowledge of it's history) of a proven knife design that has been around for a quarter of a century just spontaneously broke under normal, non-abusive use.

Does that mean they are lying? No. Not necessarily. It means that it is stupid to jump on their little bandwagon, though.

Exactly. Your problems are between you and Mr. Reeve. He heart your feelings like a school girl and you can't take it. If you are not man enough to deal with him directly, leave the rest of us out of it.

He hasn't hurt my feelings, if I had an issue I would deal directly with him first, just like most here have. It's that bitterness of the experience that keep people coming back to post about it.

No, what he said was that he would rather trust a very, very well respected maker that has been a part of the industry for 40 years, with a reputation of extreme precision and excellent customer service... or a bunch of random people on "AN INTERNET FORUM" who swear on their life that their particular sample (of which they have no knowledge of it's history) of a proven knife design that has been around for a quarter of a century just spontaneously broke under normal, non-abusive use.

Does that mean they are lying? No. Not necessarily. It means that it is stupid to jump on their little bandwagon, though.

How's it stupid to question integrity of the lock (and company at this point with some of there conduct) when people report problems. If everything is on the up and up it'll be proven, if not, then hell maybe some good could come from the testing CRK is doing.

Whats really stupid is to go forth blindly and write off anyone that reports an issue or concern as just another troll.

Good GOD, I'm getting sucked down to their level... anyone with reason have a hand to help pull me back up:D

-sh00ter

So, this thread comes down to this statement: Do you believe a few internet posters who you don't know, and who use random names, or do you believe a respected manufacture? Sorry, but you anonymous folks loose.

Charles Craddock 848-482-1906 call me ;)

The problem I see with how they handled wolf was they took his money to refurb the knife (100 something dollars), supposedly fixed the minor blade play, sent it back with the same issue it went in for, then Chris cussed him out on the phone when he called with the issue and told him it'd be another $100 plus for a new lock bar cause he abused it.

Umhmmmm..... I'm sure thats exactly how it went down. You ever stop to think that what your being told is total B.S.??
No.... you would rather back up random folk based on their one sided story's never hearing the side of CRK... you know the company that has gained a reputation over the years
for their excellent quality and customer service.

This thread has been going on for so long that they discontinued the 21 and released the 25.

Time to end it guys.

Srsly.

'Tis becoming somewhat repetitious.
Perhaps to put an end to it, after all, another thread, much to the same effect, will be along soon enough ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back