A Stitch in Time

Yep thats what I mean by half and half. Half way down or up and half way in the previous stamp.

Ya know I've got three or four different high end stitching groovers including a BK. I keep using the cheapie Craft Tool ones. We have five. Just leave em set on the different sizes we need. Nichole's got three inside and I have two outside.
That's a good plan, I need to pick up a few more.

Those Cobra 26's were calling me at the Show, I fooled around with one a little bit. The drop down adjustable guide on the smaller Cobras seems like the cat's meow.

I usually have my next purchases laid out pretty well, I'm not a big impulse buyer. The next two big items I'd like to get are tilting grinder (maybe a KMG TX) and the Cobra 26, haven't decided in which order yet. They'll both be game changers for the shop and really the only large equipment I need. Unless you ask Roy that is, he wants a power hammer and a hydraulic press!

He wants to be a damascus guy! I need another grinder too and have been thinking about it this tax year. I don't need the tilting feature though, at least how I work.

I think you should listen to Roy
He wants to be a damascus guy! I need another grinder too and have been thinking about it this tax year. I don't need the tilting feature though, at least how I work.
He's a big damascus fan, loves the process. What kid wouldn't want to mash giant bars of glowing steel together! I try to entertain the kids ideas but that's a tough one for me because I just have zero interest in damascus. If it had a benefit other than cosmetics I'd be more open to it. That may change when I have more time on my hands, a hydraulic press would be fun someday.

Here's the original fragment in bronze. No google image search cheats! ;)
800px-Bronze_Marcus_Aurelius_Louvre.jpg

If it is South America, cannot be who I also thougt it could be, Don Diego de la Vega aka Zorro in old California.

If it is South America, cannot be who I also thougt it could be, Don Diego de la Vega aka Zorro in old California.
I meant Europe, as in their origin.
It's a bronze fragment of Marcus Aurelius. I think it's in the love.

Caution: Annoying proud Dad post ahead:

My boy and I spent a few hours tearing out our mower deck, replaced the steering gears and sharpened the blades. He's got a knack for anything mechanical. Whenever we work on something he guesses how it works and 9 times out of 10 he's right. He'll see a piece of machinery somewhere and just start talking about how it operates.

Unbeknownst to us, while we worked on the mower my daughter was in the leather room at some point because she just showed me this. She did it completely on her own. Other than a slip with the beveler she did an incredible job.

At 9 years old she's off to a great start.
20230611_183713-01.jpeg

My boy and I spent a few hours tearing out our mower deck, replaced the steering gears and sharpened the blades. He's got a knack for anything mechanical. Whenever we work on something he guesses how it works and 9 times out of 10 he's right. He'll see a piece of machinery somewhere and just start talking about how it operates.

Unbeknownst to us, while we worked on the mower my daughter was in the leather room at some point because she just showed me this. She did it completely on her own. Other than a slip with the beveler she did an incredible job.

View attachment 2215783
Wow that is great!! Sometimes and just some times if ya flex that slip from the backside it will go away. Doesn't work all the time but sometimes it will.. Absolutely incredible work.

View attachment 2215783
it would be cool to see an interpretation of Don Quijote de la mancha, or even an American 🤠, maybe our own Dave will pose for us!! Maybe go with Don Quixote as Dave’s outline might be kind of scary…..at least with the sweat and messed up hair after a long day, hat tilted up.

it would be cool to see an interpretation of Don Quijote de la mancha, or even an American 🤠, maybe our own Dave will pose for us!! Maybe go with Don Quixote as Dave’s outline might be kind of scary…..at least with the sweat and messed up hair after a long day, hat tilted up.
That's a great idea, Don Quixote and a windmill would be pretty cool.
Even in one of these styles:
Don_Quixote_%281955%29_by_Pablo_Picasso.jpg

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u4.jpg

Wow that is great!! Sometimes and just some times if ya flex that slip from the backside it will go away. Doesn't work all the time but sometimes it will.. Absolutely incredible work.
Thanks Dave, she was glad to hear that! She said to tell you hello and thanks.

Back