A Stitch in Time

Thanks Dave, she was glad to hear that! She said to tell you hello and thanks.
Tell her hi for me too and to Roy as well of course and ya bet!

it would be cool to see an interpretation of Don Quijote de la mancha, or even an American 🤠, maybe our own Dave will pose for us!! Maybe go with Don Quixote as Dave’s outline might be kind of scary…..at least with the sweat and messed up hair after a long day, hat tilted up.
Here ya go. Hardly the heroic "Man from La Mancha." How bout Chief Grey Beard from Tehachapi:

DCAkRQc.jpg

Chief Grey Mustache just doesn't have the same ring. At the end of a long day waiting for the neighbor to back his trailer up so we can load his strays.

k0RPEq0.jpg

Last edited:
Tell her hi for me too and to Roy as well of course and ya bet!

Here ya go. Hardly the heroic "Man from La Mancha." How bout Chief Grey Beard from Tehachapi:

DCAkRQc.jpg

Chief Grey Mustache just doesn't have the same ring. At the end of a long day waiting for the neighbor to back his trailer up so we can load his strays.

k0RPEq0.jpg

I vote for Chief Grey Beard!!! That first pic is a good likeness to be put into leather.

Carving unlocks a portion of the brain I guess. Now my daughter and I both see random things and think, "that would be cool to carve". Portraits like that sure would be fun to try.

Here's one for Ains, I know she likes horses. This is Josie:

cEG1oOH.jpg

Our daughter Alyssa on Clancy. Alyssa would of been bout Ains age here. She's 27 now a days:

zoqXiM0.jpg

Here's something similar that Nichole did of and for our old farrier. We were making him a new pair of shoeing chaps. More of a logo really than a portrait:

2NR08JV.jpg

JOMnkCF.jpg

Here's one for Ains, I know she likes horses. This is Josie:

cEG1oOH.jpg

Our daughter Alyssa on Clancy. Alyssa would of been bout Ains age here. She's 27 now a days:

zoqXiM0.jpg

Here's something similar that Nichole did of and for our old farrier. We were making him a new pair of shoeing chaps. More of a logo really than a portrait:

2NR08JV.jpg

JOMnkCF.jpg
Wow, really cool, and I would like to see Josie’s face in a nice leather stretch.

Wow, really cool, and I would like to see Josie’s face in a nice leather stretch.
How bout Josie's face in a nice leather headstall and a braided rawhide bosalita, a braided Santa Yanez hanger for the bosalita and braided rawhide reins?

UX6w5Nu.jpg

Funny thing is that that is one of the few headstalls we have that we didn't make.

I think I'd told ya that pattern was developed by tracing off a photo held up to a window didn't I?

Could pass for him but no, I'd give a clue but I'm trying to see if I caught his likeness enough to be recognized by someone.

Very nice work! Ya’d be hard pressed to come upwith a better practice piece than that. Its the dude from the new Magnificent Seven when Chris Pratt says I thinkthat bear is wearing peoples clothing. If I remember correctly we printed that pic on regular printer paper not photopaper

Gonna try to improve my beveling game on this one. Really enjoying this kind of thing.
So determine, when beveling which lines are above and which lines are below and bevel accordingly. Mash up happens when ya change your mind or don’t pay attention part way through and change.

Back