Account hack?

MrM1A1

Gold Member
Hi all, I just joined a couple days ago and have already had several successful knife sales with reputable members. Today I was contacted by another member with an offer for one of my knives. He then said I had contacted him via email and said I would take PayPal and sent him an email address for payment.

Problem is, I did not contact him via email, I do not use PayPal, and he was definitely contacted by someone else with different email addresses. “Kayleighmoss469@gmail.com” and “live4allnfa@gmail.com” we’re the two emails shared in the comms. It looks like at least one of those emails has been used recently in attempting to scam people on the boards, as referenced in this thread:

I do not know if it was through my account or what exactly happened, but wanted to let site staff know, I am not trying to scam anyone, I value my reputation and moral standards and something is fishy here, I do not want to be penalized or banned because someone is hacking my account. I have changed my password and am using the 2 factor authentication.

You can look at my profile and the messages are on the board there for all to see. fuzzyedge fuzzyedge was the member who sent me an offer and was subsequently contacted by a seemingly fraudulent person or account with those emails . Hopefully fuzzyedge can expand on his interaction with the 3rd party a bit.

Thanks for any help.
Mike

I've at least temporarily banned the account of fuzzyedge fuzzyedge until we can work through the steps involved here.

Better safe than sorry.

I've at least temporarily banned the account of fuzzyedge fuzzyedge until we can work through the steps involved here.

Better safe than sorry.

I don’t think he was the perpetrator, it sounds like someone used my account to contact him and subvert the sale. At least that’s what he indicated to me, but it would be helpful to hear from him.

Okay, it looks like fuzzyedge fuzzyedge was the intended victim. I'll reinstate now that I've read through a bit more.

It appears his email was obtained off the site and he was contacted by the thief (acting as though he were you) to offer a deal which you were unaware of.

fuzzyedge fuzzyedge , please reply here and give us any additional details.

i feel it was more than just getting my email, how did he know I contacted the seller with an offer in a message here on BF ?

i feel it was more than just getting my email, how did he know I contacted the seller with an offer in a message here on BF ?
You must've posted your email address in the PM which is not private

Has ANYONE contacted Google to report the Gmail address “live4allnfa@gmail.com” as a fraudulent account??? I don't understand how it's still active if they've been scamming here for months! Let Google know!!!

Folks, you gotta start taking our warnings and banner messages to heart. We don't like seeing you get fleeced, and we would rather not be in a position to say "told you so". I wish we could go out and knock the living bejeezus out of the miscreants, but that's not an option for us, and I hung up my badge some years back. (And it wouldn't have been legal then, either.)

Don't fall prey to scams. (And don't do deals via profile posts and leave your emails and account information out there for anyone to reap.)

got it, when i said no friends and family in email he ghosted. but i didn't post my email in my BF message to the real seller,

got it, when i said no friends and family in email he ghosted. but i didn't post my email in my BF message to the real seller,
Put your email address in the search box at the top of the page, check everywhere and then search. See where it may come up...and then delete where you can.

I tried going back and deleting my email info, but wow ive been here a long time and posts go back so far the edit feature is gone LOL man if the fuckers worked this hard at a real job they would be rich.

It doesn't really matter as long as you don't respond to unsolicited emails.

But, my recommendation, (and I get nothing for it financially), is that you spend $10 for a "Basic" membership. Then you can communicate with any seller via PMs and do not have to operate via profile posts. Nobody can read your PMs. They are private.

Is that worth 80 cents a month? I think it is.

Back