Account hack?

Another perfect example of F&F vs Goods and Services.

đź‘Ť

I don't think any money was exchanged, so not exactly. The intended victim, I think identified the request for PPFF and said, "NO SIR!!" See post number 12 here. Sounds like he followed the advice of the forum.

Hi all, I just joined a couple days ago and have already had several successful knife sales with reputable members. Today I was contacted by another member with an offer for one of my knives. He then said I had contacted him via email and said I would take PayPal and sent him an email address for payment.

Problem is, I did not contact him via email, I do not use PayPal, and he was definitely contacted by someone else with different email addresses. “Kayleighmoss469@gmail.com” and “live4allnfa@gmail.com” we’re the two emails shared in the comms. It looks like at least one of those emails has been used recently in attempting to scam people on the boards, as referenced in this thread:

I do not know if it was through my account or what exactly happened, but wanted to let site staff know, I am not trying to scam anyone, I value my reputation and moral standards and something is fishy here, I do not want to be penalized or banned because someone is hacking my account. I have changed my password and am using the 2 factor authentication.

You can look at my profile and the messages are on the board there for all to see. @fuzzyedge was the member who sent me an offer and was subsequently contacted by a seemingly fraudulent person or account with those emails . Hopefully fuzzyedge can expand on his interaction with the 3rd party a bit.

Thanks for any help.
Mike
Yes! This is exactly happened to us!!! But the mods have not unbanned my husband’s account? Blues Blues Can you help? My original thread was closed and the issue never addressed.

Last edited:
Yes! This is exactly happened to us!!! But the mods have not unbanned my husband’s account? Blues Blues Can you help? My original thread was closed and the issue never addressed.
That was handled by other moderators who were more familiar with the matter. I will defer to their judgment in the matter. Perhaps it will be revisited at some point.

That was handled by other moderators who were more familiar with the matter. I will defer to their judgment in the matter. Perhaps it will be revisited at some point.
Respectfully, we were nearly scammed by the exact same email scammer being discussed in this thread. It’s disappointing that after almost a month my husband (the intended victim) is still banned; while other users targeted by the same scammer have their accounts reinstated.

If the moderators who handled the matter feel it should be revisited, they will do so. I am not their boss, I don't own the site, nor am I a paid employee.

You have access to the full site in the meantime. So, clearly it's not some prejudicial attempt to marginalize your participation. You may have noticed we have quite a bit on our plates right now.

The amount of people falling for simple scams these days is seriously mind boggling. Many need to seriously read up on basic general internet safety procedures. This one luckily didn't make it to point of money changing hands, but it should have never even made it past the first email exchange. Always verify who you're messaging, especially when crossing comms channels. So many on this forum make themselves easy targets and scammers are catching on. It's just going to keep getting worse if people don't learn the basics. So many of these scams could be avoided, well before sending money.

I don't think any money was exchanged, so not exactly. The intended victim, I think identified the request for PPFF and said, "NO SIR!!" See post number 12 here. Sounds like he followed the advice of the forum.
Yep.
That was my point.

Back