• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

AFAustin's 3rd Annual "Going to the Dogs" Sale (Donation Made!)

6) Case Trapper in Burnt Bone is now SOLD per PMs.

PP received. Thanks again, Eric. This one will likewise go out Monday with a tracking no.

Andrew

Last edited:
5) Schrade 12OT (green sawcut delrin) is now SOLD per PMs.

PP received. Thanks, John. I'll get this in the mail to you Monday with a tracking no.

Andrew

Last edited:
Thanks for all the purchases so far, gents.

I have to take a little break to---you guessed it---feed our 3 dogs!

Back soon.

Andrew

I'm back.

Last edited:
17) A.G. Russell Granddad’s Lockback in Brown Jigged Bone. - mail sent.

17) A.G. Russell Granddad’s Lockback in Brown Jigged Bone is now SOLD.

PP received. Thanks, Pavel.

I will get this knife to the Post Ofc. tomorrow and let you know when it's on its way.

Andrew

Last edited:
3) Schrade 5OT and 14) A. G. Russell Rancher in Black Rucarta are both SOLD per PMs.

PP received. Thanks, Mike.

I'll get these two in the mail to you tomorrow with a tracking no.

Andrew

Last edited:
1) Laguiole Fontenille Pataud is now SOLD.

PP received. Thanks, Jennifer---and thanks for the extra for the pups! :thumbup:

I will get this to the P.O. tomorrow and get you the tracking no.

Andrew

Last edited:
1) Laguiole Fontenille Pataud is now SOLD.

PP received. Thanks, Jennifer---and thanks for the extra for the pups! :thumbup:

I will get this to the P.O. tomorrow and get you the tracking no.

Andrew

:thumbup:

I would like to get a few more knives sold and then wrap this up and get the funds to the pups, so one more price reduction!

Andrew

9) A.G. Russell Reverse Congress is now SOLD.

PP received. Thanks, Vic.

I'll get this on its way to you tomorrow AM with a tracking no.

Andrew

Last edited:
5) Schrade 12OT (green sawcut delrin) is now SOLD per PMs.

PP received. Thanks, John. I'll get this in the mail to you Monday with a tracking no.

Andrew

Received today ... been looking for one of these green ones, thanks. Very nice edge whoever put it on.

Received today ... been looking for one of these green ones, thanks. Very nice edge whoever put it on.

John,

Glad you like the knife and the edge. Tricky sometimes to sharpen the very small ones, but I was pleased with how this one came out.

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrew - How did I miss this thread. I'm interested in the wood AG Russell's are they still available?

Andrew - How did I miss this thread. I'm interested in the wood AG Russell's are they still available?

Mark,

They are, and I've put them "on hold" pending my e-mail to you. After all, you're one of the kind donors to this sale for the pups [see: #3) Schrade 5OT].

Andrew

11) A.G. Russell Sowbelly Trapper in Cocobolo and 13) A.G. Russell Rancher in Indian Rosewood (+ sheath) are both now SOLD to markpmc.

PP received. Thanks, Mark.

I'll get these wrapped up and to the P.O. tomorrow, with a tracking no. to you.

Andrew

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone who bought a knife (or 2), some even kicking in a little extra for the pups. :thumbup:

A total of 13 knives have been sold, and the last 4 withdrawn.

All the sold knives have been delivered except for one heading overseas and that may be a while yet.

The total of the gross fees I've received on the sales is $679.75. I'm going to round that up to an even $700.00 for the pups.

I've got a call in to the Highland Lakes SPCA, and hope to make the drive out there to deliver the check by next weekend. That will be a happy event and I will post here the donation receipt from those good folks.

Thanks again to everyone!

Andrew

Last edited:
Well, my wife and I made it out to the Highland Lakes SPCA, had a nice visit with Matt, the mgr., saw the great progress they're making on the new kennel (pics here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hgqcuqoqgttu1au/AABDAv4_jwwJXim2R0Pc0moaa?dl=0), and made the donation. Copied below is the official receipt I received today via e-mail.

Thanks again to all the great knife and dog lovers here on BF. You all are the best!

Andrew

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

February 21, 2015

Andrew Forsythe
Spicewood, TX

Dear Andy,

Many thanks for your recent generous gift of $700.00 to the Highland Lakes SPCA! And many more thanks to the folks at BladeForums for making that gift possible. Your support allows us to rescue homeless and abandoned dogs in our community. Donations like yours have financed initiatives such as our new Emergency Medical Fund, the hiring of a new Shelter Manager, and the building of our new indoor kennel – which will be open for business in the next 60 days!

Your donation will be used to help run our special No-Kill rescue facility -- purchase food, medical supplies and services – covering all the needs of the animals in our care. Thank you for all you do for our organization.

With Sincere Thanks,

Randy Whitehead, President
Highland Lakes SPCA

Last edited:
Back