Albers Cutlery Company

Mine arrived today as well. It's basically perfect - nice snap, flush at all 3 positions, no gaps, no blade play, a nice medium pull, very sharp out of the box. I know Eric wasn't pleased with the pin showing on the shields, but that't about the only thing I might change about this one. Even the box is top notch. I would take these over any other Boys Knife I have had in my collection.

I think I'll be trying to add a few more of these with how good the other covers look. That jigged bone that @Txjohn posted is phenomenal!!

Great job Eric ( @ea42 )! I wish you many years of success!

nm8RRGO.jpg

Last edited:
Kinda blown away by this knife! Fit & finish, walk & talk...both as good as I've gotten from anywhere. I love the jigging...the shield! :thumbsup::thumbsup: This knife arrived sharp, in a nice little pouch, and an equally nice box. The size is the right size for what I want in a knife such as this, and it has a bit of heft to it as well. I'm ready for one with wood covers now. :D Excellent job, Eric (@ea42 )!

L4631Lq.jpg

CYrWJhx.jpg

Mine arrived today as well. It's basically perfect - nice snap, flush at all 3 positions, no gaps, no blade play, a nice medium pull, very sharp out of the box. I know Eric wasn't pleased with the pin showing on the shields, but that't about the only thing I might change about this one. Even the box is top notch. I would take these over any other Boys Knife I have had in my collection.

I think I'll be trying to add a few more of these with how good the other covers look. That jigged bone that @Txjohn posted is phenomenal!!

Great job Eric ( @ea42 )! I wish you many years of success!

OGEQTSx.jpg
I want to get in the "shield pin showing Albers knife club". If I can't get one of these, I will have to special order one.

Kinda blown away by this knife! Fit & finish, walk & talk...both as good as I've gotten from anywhere. I love the jigging...the shield! :thumbsup::thumbsup: This knife arrived sharp, in a nice little pouch, and an equally nice box. The size is the right size for what I want in a knife such as this, and it has a bit of heft to it as well. I'm ready for one with wood covers now. :D Excellent job, Eric (@ea42 )!

L4631Lq.jpg

CYrWJhx.jpg
That is absolutely stunning!

CYrWJhx.jpg

Well done @ea42 , beautiful knife, and classy packaging!
nice shot GE Jr :thumbsup: and a beautiful knife you have there!

Mine arrived, i will post pics later, as others have stated excellent f&f good smooth pull, flush in 3 positions, just beautiful! The box is very nice too!

Surprise... mine arrived today, as well.... bubinga... great fit/finish. The pull is about a 6, which might ease a bit if I flush it, but I sort of doubt it. This one doesn't look like it NEEDS any flushing. As others stated, it's sharp out of the box. Just a very nicely made "boy's knife" sized clip point carry. Eric definitely knows his stuff, and very obviously takes pride in his work. I'm looking forward to seeing what else he comes up with. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

0rJJb7.jpg
0rJVtr.jpg

0rJClb.jpg

This beauty in bubinga showed up in the mail earlier today. I only had a brief minute to handle it at the time (I was headed out the door), but now that I’ve been able to look it over more closely, all I can say is WOW!! :D Eric, you really did a awesome job on these. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It’s a great size, just a hair smaller than GEC’s #15 pattern (close enough that it probably warrants a comparison photo). The pull is nice — I’d say 6, maybe 7 — with good snap. The edge seems sharp, with even bevels. The bubinga looks great, and I really like the shield (even with the visible pin :D).

WqVJdUK.jpg

The tang stamp is simple and classic.

eKqB8Ta.jpg

Nice box and pouch.

LTCoGJA.jpg

Overall, the knife is finished very well, and I’m excited to own one of these. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This beauty in bubinga showed up in the mail earlier today. I only had a brief minute to handle it at the time (I was headed out the door), but now that I’ve been able to look it over more closely, all I can say is WOW!! :D Eric, you really did a awesome job on these. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It’s a great size, just a hair smaller than GEC’s #15 pattern (close enough that it probably warrants a comparison photo). The pull is nice — I’d say 6, maybe 7 — with good snap. The edge seems sharp, with even bevels. The bubinga looks great, and I really like the shield (even with the visible pin :D).

WqVJdUK.jpg

The tang stamp is simple and classic.

eKqB8Ta.jpg

Nice box and pouch.

LTCoGJA.jpg

Overall, the knife is finished very well, and I’m excited to own one of these. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

thats what im talking about!! Please do a side by side when possible

Well I am sure mine went out with the rest. I had my mail on hold last week to be delivered today. I also have a rather controversial knife coming in. Get home from work to one envelope in the mailbox... hopefully tomorrow

7670ABE7-C602-4FC5-A67A-63FC6C71B2E1.jpeg

Nice surprise when I checked the mail, wasn’t expecting this one so quickly. Eric really did a spectacular job. Fit and finish is fantastic, always been intrigued by the kirinite and love it in person. Really has some shimmer and depth. Great job all around Eric!

OK, here are a couple comparison photos of my Albers Cut. Co. and a GEC #15. I have a few clip point #15’s, but this one seemed like the best apples-to-apples comparison — single clip, stainless steel, wood covers, shield.

5iRdtX2.jpg

As I said in my previous post, the Albers is just a hair shorter than the GEC #15 (3 3/8” vs. 3 1/2” closed). The handle is slightly wider, and tapers less toward the bolster. The Albers is also thicker than the GEC (sorry, I didn’t get a top-down photo showing that). These differences are substantial enough to give it a beefier feel in-hand.

The blade shapes aren’t drastically different, but there are a few things worth noting. The spine and edge on Eric’s blade run more parallel to each other, giving it a “straighter” look (if that makes sense), and clip is a bit shorter. The nail nick on the GEC is further forward. Both blades have very similar swedges. (By the way, Eric, really nice job on that swedge! Mine looks perfect.) :thumbsup:

6qjsJHS.jpg

I’d say that the GEC blade is ground a bit thinner behind the edge, but only slightly. The thickness of the blade stock at the spine looks identical to my eye. Eric’s edge is much better than GEC’s typical factory edge.

The Albers has a stronger pull, but I’m able to pinch it open more easily than the GEC thanks to the satin finish on the blade.

I’ll tell you one thing: I’m glad I don’t have to pick a favorite between these two, because that would be tough! :D Seriously, Eric, well done on these. It’s a fantastic knife, and I have a feeling they’re only going to get better! :thumbsup:

Back