Alone show gear mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone want to put your money where your ignorant mouth is? we'll let dave Canterbury or some other .luminary hold the money. You bet $1000 that I can't do what I say, and I'll bet $10,000 That I can, and the money holder gets to keep 20% of the loser's money.

The fact that you dont even know how to start a fire with a flare, and bury your coals in the ashes, is not my problem. You also dont know how to make ashed tinder and charred materials with that first fire, so you can easily use any hard, sharp rock and the carbon steel knife blade to start a fire. You dont know how easy it is, with rust from your shovel, to fire roll a 2x8" strip of your shemagh. You dont know how to make and use a big pump drill, either (obviously) Your shortcomings are not mine, bro. I DO know how to do all of those things. That's why I dont need to waste a pick on the ferrorod, the cookpot, the sleeping bag, the axe, saw, gillnet, or paracord. That's the point. I'm 10x more knowledable about this than you are. You know it, too, that's why your so butt hurt.

Translation: "I saw all these things on Youtube videos and don't actually know how embarrassing it is that I think these are master level survival techniques that literally no one would actually use."

Nope, I can read just fine. I just destroyed your weak ass attempt at flexing on us. I can't stand armchair "experts" who've never actually done anything. Please stop embarrassing yourself, it's becoming tedious. Make a "bowl" with duct tape? That I can boil water in? Really? LMAO Ok then. Literally everything you just said in this paragraph are the words of someone who has no idea what they're talking about. You keep talking about specific dates or temperatures, when really, those don't have anything to do with...well, anything.

You did nothing of the kind. You claim I can't make fire without a ferrorod. I'll bet 10 to one that I can, with wet wood, too. I'll bet 10 to one that I can make 5x as much cordage and netting out of the rope hammock as you can take in the form of the gillnet and the paracord. Theres' 1500 ft of rope in Amazon's $60, 2 person rope hammock. The rope is made of 44 little threads. Twist 4 of those threads into one strand and it's strong enough to make net-traps. You claim I can't boil water without a cookpot. I can prove that I can. So you're fos and a lying blowhard and I'll take your money if you DARE to bet, at 10 to one odds.

anyone want to put your money where your ignorant mouth is? we'll let dave Canterbury or some other .luminary hold the money. You bet $1000 that I can't do what I say, and I'll bet $10,000 That I can, and the money holder gets to keep 20% of the loser's money.

Boring.

You did nothing of the kind. You claim I can't make fire without a ferrorod. I'll bet 10 to one that I can, with wet wood, too. I'll bet 10 to one that I can make 5x as much cordage and netting out of the rope hammock as you can take in the form of the gillnet and the paracord. Theres' 1500 ft of rope in Amazon's $60, 2 person rope hammock. The rope is made of 44 little threads. Twist 4 of those threads into one strand and it's strong enough to make net-traps. You claim I can't boil water without a cookpot. I can prove that I can. So you're fos and a lying blowhard and I'll take your money if you DARE to bet, at 10 to one odds.

I am guessing at this point that you're broke, and you're hoping I'll take your bet, so you can post up a Youtube video of someone else having done these things so you can get paid. I'll pass. I don't need to prove myself to you, though it's clear you feel a need to prove how superior you are to us. :rolleyes:

You're still missing the mark, and continuing to embarrass yourself. Also, instead of trying to challenge me, why don't you call up one of these survival shows? Oh, right, because you wouldn't make it past the initial phase once they realized that you were going to get yourself killed because you weren't smart enough to take critical survival gear with you, instead choosing to rely on some nonsense that wouldn't work in freezing cold, wet weather. Also, curious that your plan continues to involve processes which would involve cutting up your shelter tarps. Odd, that.

Lastly, I'm about over your insults because you're angry that I'm blowing your theories out of the water. Insult me again, and I'm just going to start reporting all your posts. It'll be hard to try to beat your chest about what a big survival hero you are when you're banned.

For the record, if anyone else is curious on how to boil water without a cook pot, it involves an arduous process by which you dig a hole, line it with rocks (though I bet this guy would use yet another piece of tarp) and then drop rocks heated in a fire into it. The problems with this method are manyfold, and absolutely hypocritical when coming from a guy who has stated you don't need a warming fire because it's a waste of calories. Let's go into it:

1. You have to dig a hole and line it with rocks (or with a tarp, and hope that you don't burn a hole in it)
2. You have to make a fire.
3. You still have to find some way to get water from a water source to this hole.
4. You have to find several stones.
5. You have to wait for those stones to heat up.
6. Bonus round: you have to hope you've found rocks that are the correct type, and not the type that tend to break up, or explode when intense heat is applied
7. You have to drop steaming hot rocks covered in ash into your water hole.
8. You have to keep adding rocks until a boil is achieved.
9. You have to strain water through a shamagh that you've got patches of rust on because you've used it as a firestarter :rolleyes:
10. Drink

So, warming fire, a waste of calories, a hugely work intensive process to clean some water so you can drink (the number one critical element of survival: access to clean water)., though that's totally fine? Ok, then.

Incidentally, I know how much work this is, because I've done it in at least two of my survival courses I've taken. It's work, and all of this could have been avoided if you had just brought a cookpot.

Criminy, I feel like I'm having to step back into teaching mode here. D dahlia if you use a different method, I'm all ears. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back