Another Off Topic Post on the WTC, link to pix.

Rusty,
Until you shoot a H & K K3 .380,YOU HAVEN'T
SHOT A .380!LORDY, YOU MEAN TO TELL ME I HAVE SOME OF THE SAME LIKES AS RUSTY, NEXT IT WILL BE A 12"WIMPY K, & I'LL NAME HER!GAG,HAVE TO GO WASH MY MOUTH OUT!
jim
T

An actual .380??? You have mice in the cave??? It's a nice cockroach gun, too. And thils from a guy who looks down on 12" Khuks. HA! :rolleyes:

I have a Walther PP in .32 auto that I sometimes carry when the weather is warm. One day I was at a local gunshop that I like to hang out at, and one of the regulars there was saying "a .32, HELL those would just bounce off me!" well I turned around and half drew the walther out of its holster and told him we really ought to try that out and see:D :D He said something like "well...er...I...just kidding..um..":D :p Guess he felt like a mouse that day cause he sure seemed afraid of my little ol mouse gun!!:rolleyes: :D

I should point out that the guy knew me! I wouldn't pull a gun like that on a stranger:eek: :eek: :D

That it does Uncle:D

I used to have a little (and I mean LITTLE)5 shot pocket revolver in .22LR that was no bigger than 3-4 inches long. It had a little spur trigger and a heavy hammer spring, not a good combo! I ended up selling it cause I was afraid it might go off in my pocket:eek:

My wife used to call it the crotch exploder:eek: :D I guess her calling it that didn't make me feel very safe when it was in my pocket!

WAL.,
Wanted to use it on a terr, when I find one!Put two in his head & he won't CARE what cal. it is!:D Please refrain from ever "DREAMING I would ever carry a :barf: 12"(can't bring myself to calling it a ..,
see I just can't do it)!Got a DETONICS.45 BUT i CAN CONCEAL THE LITTLE
H & K SQUEEZE COCKER BETTER UNDER THE CAPE!
jim

Originally posted by Bill Martino
You can conceal anything under the cape.

Absolutely :rolleyes: That alone has cut his arrest record in half :D

Originally posted by Bill Martino
The only reason he has an arrest record at all is because he likes to flash.

Perhaps that explains his penchant for large knives. You know what they say... :eek:

I have tried 3 or more times to buy Walthers with cold hard cash in my pockets. Be it a PP-PPK-PPK/S I'd walk in, fondle it, make up my mind I had to have it and then check the single action ( invariably adequate ) and then the double action. I'd try a second time, and look to see if the safety was on. The third time I'd point it at something, white knuckle it, and watch as my hand started shaking and the site started wobbling and then jumped when the spring released, put away my money and walk out the door frustrated.

Go instead to http://jgsales.com and instead order two Bulgie 9x18 Maks in VG/EXC condition for $198 or three 32 acp CZ70s in the same condition for $237.

And no, I'm not following my own advice, I'm getting a second CZ83 for $225 ( that makes the pair cost $450). Ahead of the jump in dealer prices to $299. That'll give me 2 pair of 380's.
A CZ83 NIB and one to use, and a Browning model 1955 380 NIB and one in excellent shape to use.

BTW, Jim, I also have a pair of S&W 58 M&P 41 mag revolvers. With a dozen filled speedloaders. Each.

To quote Texas Ranger Captain Frank Hamer speaking to L.A. Wilke, City Editor of the Fort Worth newspaper The Press in the late 1920's regarding a .25 automatic he had just confiscated from him - "You know, if I ever got shot with that thing and found out about it, I'd be mad".

..doesn't hurt a bit more than a miss with a .22. Put'em in the right place, and they all work, even if some of them take two. My mentor was fond of saying "A proper handgun is any Smith & Wesson N Frame, in any caliber that starts with "4".:D

Chris,

Mine's a Walther PP in .32 not the PPK in .380. I like it! To be honest I bought it mostly because if its looks and history. It has some very nice sights on it too. The trigger pull in DA is quite heavy though. Once you practice with it, its not a problem. Besides, some experts say that in a real gunfight you want a heavy trigger pull to avoid accidental shootings. I don't think you would even notice it in that situation. As far as it effecting accuracy, its subjective. Practice is the only thing I can recommend---hell, if I could overcome the worst trigger pull I've ever experienced--GLOCKS'!, then this gun is not a problem.:)

Oh, and its VERY concealable due to its thin profile, though it has a fairly good sized frame. I'd rather carry my Les Baer .45, but she's a little big for anything but bulky coats---well, until I get a good IWB rig:D

Back