Anybody want to play fantasy dream build?

When knives meet or exceed my demand for quality and durability...I always look forward to what's to come.

XM24 rescue, with a spanto grind but with a blunted tip, and an O2 wrench hole cut into the blade near the spine thats accessible with the blade closed, orange scale as the only option.......

XM24 rescue, with a spanto grind but with a blunted tip, and an O2 wrench hole cut into the blade near the spine thats accessible with the blade closed, orange scale as the only option.......

You've seen the Gerber Hinderer Rescue knife?

You've seen the Gerber Hinderer Rescue knife?
I've carried one on call for years.........not the same build quality as an xm.....
image_zps4633ca2e.jpg

Agreed...and I'll admit I knew you had one (seen in earlier posts), just nudged to give your fantasy idea a boost toward reality. If a Gerber one exists...why not...you get the idea.

wow sorry to post twice but..... I just took out the filler tab on my xm18, and........ The filler tab pocket could be an O2 bottle wrench if it was milled like 3mm deeper! HINT! BIG HINT! HINT! HINT! my preference would be to mill the pocket by the pivot for tip up carry.....

I would looove to see a red/black g10 scale, a good 50/50, not too black. If ti hardware could be ano'd red, some of that too. I'm a red n black kinda guy. The coolest thing ever would be an all black wharnie w the red scale! Ahhh!! :D

Ever since that black DLC Fieldtac was posted, I've been dreaming of a black DLC fixed blade set; Flashpoint, FXM, and Fieldtac. And since this is a fantasy build thread, I'll add a chopper/short sword. :D

Yes and yes, BT!

Now....adding the WF translucent scaled Flashpoint to this thread.

Bumping this old thread. Ok ready for this? A textured copper scale for my gen 2. My god that would be so sweet!!!

Plain & simple white g-10 for the 3.5". It's in my will that I'll be wearin' this Colt to the great here-after & well, I wanna match when I meet st. Peter, and I figured ivory is a bit out of the question soo.
photobucket-90634-1365856807916_zps46349aad.jpg

White frag G10 for black DLC XMs.

I'm guessing it would be too complicated to DLC coat just screw heads (guessing it would booger up the threads..), but how cool would FDE handle screws and pivots be on a black DLC frame - or the other way around...

I think my fantasy build would be a 3 inch Wharncliffe ;) Don't get me wrong though I love my 3.5 Wharnie, but one in a 3 inch version would be awesome too. ;)

Back