Anyone like Canoe knives?

Jeff, I always love seeing that one...wow!!!

I may just have to get mine out ! Its a great pattern

6383539759_3642e1a43c_b.jpg

I have one Case Canoe that is pretty old and well used. I found this knife years ago when I rented a house.

Just tell your wife Gunner that they are a lot less expensive than buying actual canoes (boats).

I bought one once. Case Canoe in CV. Gorgeous knife, they did a great job on the bone on that particular one. For no reason I can articulate, it just didn't click for me.

I passed it on to a fellow forumite here who likes the pattern and last I heard he was still enjoying it.

I bought one once. Case Canoe in CV. Gorgeous knife, they did a great job on the bone on that particular one. For no reason I can articulate, it just didn't click for me.

I passed it on to a fellow forumite here who likes the pattern and last I heard he was still enjoying it.

HI I have had a lot of them, I only saved the thin single back spring ones, great knife. I had no problem getting rid of the others they went fast
George God bless

I only have one Case and one Buck. I love the etching on the Case. I think it's one of the most comfortable patterns I have...

My first early collector purchase was a Case 10 dot stag canoe. I always wanted one, one of my friends was just starting to collect knives and knew a shop that had a small selection of stag Case knives. I think I paid $60 for it, a lot of money in 1974. The Canoe pattern with the single spring was a fairly desirable knife at that time, as they had gone to a double spring in 1973 (IIRC).

I kept it for years before it was lost (or stolen) in one of the many moves we made.

Yes, I am, and thank you again. :)

GUNNER, I like canoes a lot! :thumbsup: It's always good to meet another canoesseur. :D
You might find this thread interesting:
http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/order-of-the-canoe.1455315/
That's where I've posted pics of most of my canoes. Like you, most of mine are economy models from Rough Rider, Colt, Marbles.

- GT
Thanks for posting the link. I had forgotten about it and I had even posted on it before. My old age memory isn't what it used to be. Sorry I started another Canoe thread guys.

Thanks for posting the link. I had forgotten about it and I had even posted on it before. My old age memory isn't what it used to be. Sorry I started another Canoe thread guys.

Is ok. We got to see some canoes that are not in the other threads. :)

My first early collector purchase was a Case 10 dot stag canoe. I always wanted one, one of my friends was just starting to collect knives and knew a shop that had a small selection of stag Case knives. I think I paid $60 for it, a lot of money in 1974. The Canoe pattern with the single spring was a fairly desirable knife at that time, as they had gone to a double spring in 1973 (IIRC).

I kept it for years before it was lost (or stolen) in one of the many moves we made.

Case didn't start using the double back springs on the canoe pattern until the early eighties.

In 1985 the tooling was changed to the double back spring. I had to refer to Steve Pfeiffers's book. My recollection was wrong, it has been a long time ago.

In 1985 the tooling was changed to the double back spring. I had to refer to Steve Pfeiffers's book. My recollection was wrong, it has been a long time ago.
I know how that is. Seems to happen to me a lot more than it used to lol.
Have a good one and sorry for the double post above.

Back