April Buck of the Month BOTM 2024 - 152 Fixed Blade Ranger S35VN Ebony NS Bolster/Rivets

April BOTM out now. A fixed blade ranger. Have they ever made a knife like this before? I don't think I've ever seen this before, so I ordered 1.
yes. bcci had a run of elk handled ones. cool little fixed blade.

I'm passing as I just don't need this. cool knife though, glad to see they are making another run for those who missed the elk ones......

I have a question for those of you that have access to both a 112 and 152. Is the handle thinner on a 152 than the 112? I would assumed it is since it’s a fixed blade but I’d like to know for sure. Thanks in advance!

. . . . Have they ever made a knife like this before? I don't think I've ever seen this before, so I ordered 1.

2022 was the first time Buck made the 152 fixed blade. I have one and it is a looker ! They only made 200 so you don't see it for sale much.

BCCI 2022 Annual Knife - Buck 152 Fixed Blade Ranger

New Model introduction by Buck Knives for Buck Collectors Club. Fixed blade version of the Buck 112. Sun Bleached Elk with Brass Barehead Bolster

COA Certificate of Authenticity

Limited Edition of 200

50th Anniversary of the 112 – Anvil 50 logo

Sheath is made in USA locally sourced by Buck Knives

Handle Material: Elk
Blade Material: 420H
Blade Finish: Satin Finish, Clip Point
Butt/Guard Material: Brass Bolster
Engraving: 50th Anniversary Tang
Etchings: BCCI Stamp
Product Packaging: Black Magnetic Box LE Sleeve
Sheath: English Saddle Color Leather

I'm reading the tea leaves and predicting that it'll be this week.

Tea leaf #1: last week they had a promotion on Buck's website. Promotions generally don't run concurrently with BOTM's.
Tea leaf #2: It's my birthday this week.
Tea leaf #3: I'm running a marathon this weekend.

Admittedly, Buck isn't aware of all three of those factors, but I find them very persuasive. It'll be a 300 series. Or a fixed blade. Or some other folder. Maaaybe a fork.

Two thumbs up for birthday guesses coming true ! : )

Hmm I really like this but the ricasso seems kinda goofy. Why not redesign that small area?

The 112 is that way because its the blade stop right?

2022 was the first time Buck made the 152 fixed blade. I have one and it is a looker ! They only made 200 so you don't see it for sale much.

BCCI 2022 Annual Knife - Buck 152 Fixed Blade Ranger
Here's mine...
2MHNf5J.jpg

eBP3YxC.jpg

2XIVC9q.jpg

huh... I don't know.

I love 112's, but tend not to buy small fixed blades, because if it a knife is that small, I'd rather have a folding one for carry-ability. But, this is interesting because it's different, but I can't imagine I'd carry it much. For that size, I think I'd rather have a 113.

That elk one is gorgeous though!

One on order! It will be joining my 2022 BCCI 152...

In for one ! Have to have a match to the epic 2022 BCCI version !

2nd version of the 152 fixed blade ranger - check

Genuine ebony - check

S35VN - check

USA made sheath - check

Decent price - compared (3" blade, S35VN) to Buck's 661 Small Folding Pursuit Knife at $95 - imported polyester sheath, glass filled nylon with Versaflex handle. I like the natural look and feel of this 152 much better and being slightly limited at 750 made.

Although you could go a little bigger blade at 4" for the 102 Buck Woodsman, S35VN, micarta for a little less than the 152.

I don't have either of those mass produced knives, but I do have a 152 on the way ! : )

Last edited:
I'm really torn about this one.. Not really high priced good steel and of course a fixed blade 112. But I have 8 different Bucks on my desk right now..I decided if it was 500 or less in the run I would get one just because. But at 750 and plus I know I'll have to thin my 112 collection soon just to pay my horrific homeowners insurance bill I decided to pass. If I didn't have major health issues that makes it really difficult to display..

I'm really torn about this one.. Not really high priced good steel and of course a fixed blade 112. But I have 8 different Bucks on my desk right now..I decided if it was 500 or less in the run I would get one just because. But at 750 and plus I know I'll have to thin my 112 collection soon just to pay my horrific homeowners insurance bill I decided to pass. If I didn't have major health issues that makes it really difficult to display..
But it has "Ranger" in its name!

wrong thread and place for this, but i hear ya. homeowners insurance costs are out of control. on my 2 places. one place has 2 structures....just over 13k. the other just one structure.....just over 7k.

cost me just over 20k this year for insurance on three structures. insane.....

I'm sorry about your health issues. hope all gets best it can for ya and your brother
Dave as well........

A folder is designed with compromises so the blade can fit into the handle. A fixed blade doesn’t have the same limitations so why design a fixed blade with the limitations needed for it to fold? Makes no sense to me.

A 112 or 110 blade with a handle from a 100 series fixed blade and a small guard would make sense to me.

A folder is designed with compromises so the blade can fit into the handle. A fixed blade doesn’t have the same limitations so why design a fixed blade with the limitations needed for it to fold? Makes no sense to me.

A 112 or 110 blade with a handle from a 100 series fixed blade and a small guard would make sense to me.
good points there, eveled.....

Back