are 3 shots of Rum everyday too much to drink?

My brother used to do about the same for a few years in a row while he worked nights until he had a physical and the Dr. asked him about his drinking habits. It turns out it was starting to cause some of his blood tests to show liver problems. I don't know exactly what the tests showed but it scared my brother enough to scale way back on his 2 or 3 drink a night ritual. It seems harmless enough but I guess over time can cause trouble.

freddy1 said:
good point with rum is that it won't attack your liver (at the contrary of whisky/vodka or whatever strong alcool)
the bad point is that instead it would attack your eyes /brains... :D

I do not believe this point to be true.

Long term excessive consumption of alcohol, in any form, will damage the liver. The amount of alcohol, extent of the damage and the length of time required will vary from person to person.

I have a former supervisor who had a quadruple bypass, and a hereditary cholesterol problem. His Cardiologist "prescribed" a shot of alcohol a day for theraputic reasons.

I also have a former co worker who is a recovering alcoholic, and an active AA member. For him, in his words, "One drink was too many, and a million not enough."

IMO, yes it is too much. The very fact that you're here asking this question, is proof that deep inside yourself, you already know this.

Im with Danbo on this.

Back