Attachment issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now I'm investigating solutions including new servers and additional paid subscription levels that will allow unlimited photo hosting. If you guys are willing to pony up for that, I'll provide it. I just can't do it for free.

I got it down to 230. My hand hurts. I'll delete more later.

Right now I'm investigating solutions including new servers and additional paid subscription levels that will allow unlimited photo hosting. If you guys are willing to pony up for that, I'll provide it. I just can't do it for free.
Let’s Go!!🍺
I have made alot of great friends here sharing pictures!! Don’t want to lose that!! ✨
I read that Spark posted NOT to delete your photos!!! So I am holding out to that info until further notice!!! 👍😁👍
John 🍻

There are approx. 7500 pages of old "for sale" by individuals pages, just in folders, could anything say over 2years old just be deleted? I would bet that would clear up a ton of usage

I just deleted 85 of my own images, all from the sale section of the site

Last edited:
I’d like to see all non knife content deleted before any knife content is touched. Then the old for exchange posts.
I agree to a point, but what I was thinking about is all those pages are basically useless anyway, most cross out the sold price, and I would bet thousands those pages have duplicates since you cannot bump an old for sale thread, so, after 2 weeks the same things might get posted again.

I am unsure if deleting old for sale threads will delete old photos but I'm more worried about deleting people's feedback scores by deleting the threads
I honestly still use some of my old for sale threads going back to 2017-2018 as well, trying to track down knives I sold in the past.

In my many years here I've sometimes re-posted the same image in different threads.
Is there a way to link to the same image without reloading it again?

I’d be happy to pay more for my gold membership in order to have much-increased or unlimited photos/attachments. Just tell me if this happens and when it’s available.

I know this is a big issue for a lot of guys who have uploaded a ton of stuff, and I can't help with that. However, in the meantime, if you want to use a FREE hosting site with NO account needed. Check out postimages.org. It's super easy once you figure out the clicky-clicks. Here's a quick rundown...

Once you hit the site, click on the Choose Images box. You will either be able to upload a pic from your photo album on your phone/computer, or you can just snap a pic like I did of the knife in my pocket for this example.

After you do that, just left click the blue "Direct Link" button. No need to highlight/copy/paste or whatever. Just left click and it auto-copies.
Screenshot-20240305-120223-2.png
Screenshot-20240305-120700-2.png

Go to the little Image Icon next to the link icon ash shown and left click it to open the box.
marked-up-insert-image.png

Right click in the box to bring up the options menu.
right-click.png

Hover over "Paste" and left click to copy it in the box.
left-click.png

Left click the "Insert" button.
insert.png

Boom... pic is posted with a permanent link that will not eat up Spark's space.
ta-dah.png

None of the Post Image nonsense will be around your pic. These were just screenshots i took off my phone.

Edit to add: There are faster ways to do this, but I tried to tease out the steps to make it easier for the less keyboard inclined ;)

I know this is a big issue for a lot of guys who have uploaded a ton of stuff, and I can't help with that. However, in the meantime, if you want to use a FREE hosting site with NO account needed. Check out postimages.org. It's super easy once you figure out the clicky-clicks. Here's a quick rundown...

Once you hit the site, click on the Choose Images box. You will either be able to upload a pic from your photo album on your phone/computer, or you can just snap a pic like I did of the knife in my pocket for this example.

After you do that, just left click the blue "Direct Link" button. No need to highlight/copy/paste or whatever. Just left click and it auto-copies.

Go to the little Image Icon next to the link icon ash shown and left click it to open the box.

right-click.png

left-click.png

insert.png

ta-dah.png

None of the Post Image nonsense will be around your pic. These were just screenshots i took off my phone.

Edit to add: There are faster ways to do this, but I tried to tease out the steps to make it easier for the less keyboard inclined ;)
That's what I use .
Screenshot-20240305-130129.png

right-click.png

left-click.png

insert.png

ta-dah.png

Thanks - I forgot about this. It's not as convenient as just posting but it is very simple

The attach files option DOES NOT give an option to use any of the photos that you have already uploaded. Each time you want to use that picture again, you have to upload it again. Then it counts as another picture in your allotment. That seems terribly in-efficient.

I checked my attachment page and it says:
2231 / 1000 (223%)
368 / 400 MB (92%)

As far as disk storage goes, I am under ............ but way over on number of images. As I looked through the ninety pages, I see many of the same images over and over and over. There has to be a better way for this to be done ..... such as being able to go to your uploaded attachments and linking to the image that is already there.

As for me ................. not so fast on ponying up more money. I just ponied up $60.00 less than two months ago and today have to use an alternate image posting site.
Not at all happy about it neither. :thumbsdown: :(

I checked on external hard drive prices today and a new 12 terabyte drive can be had for $239.00.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back