Bawanna's Mule Story

Now I believe that story Bob! Being raised in east Texas country nothing is surprising when its attached to a trailer hitch. The outhouse on a stick was my favorite so far. Nothing holding it on but a half inch pin. No wheels, safety chains, or lights needed because technically it aint a trailer:D "Baby can ya pull over cause Jr. says he has to go to the potty?"...Ha! ......"Junior says he'll wait then"

Haha, I know a thing or two about Texans, hunting and their setups, being buddies with some and having had a dogo coming from hunting lines; hope one day to find my way down there and go hog hunting with nothing but dogs and a knife.

mule+train.jpg

Why that looks like Molly B, second from the end. She's still around!

Cool Pic Mturbo! I packed an 80# pack to the bottom via the kaibab trail and stayed two weeks down there and it was 5 degrees F. There was about 6" of snow on the south rim at that time which is more than this Texan has ever seen. That was a blast ill never forget. Every time a mule train would come passed us we kicked ourselves in the arse because we didnt at least use one to carry some gear. On the way back up we took the Bright Angle trail through Indian campgrounds and it was brutal. Were theres mules theres mule pee and it was frozen on the trail. That made for an interesting hike up because it was unavoidable. At least our packs were considerably lighter. Thats when I learned to live on bean burritos and ramen noodles. Next time im taking a mule or two. Maybe even a helicopter:D

You might have heard this one before...

Curtis and Leroy saw an ad in the daily newspaper and bought a mule for $100. The farmer agreed to deliver the mule the next day. But when the scheduled time arrived, the farmer drove up and said, "Sorry, fellows, I have some bad news. The mule died last night."
Curtis and Leroy replied, "Well, then just give us our money back."
"Can't do that," the farmer replied. "I went and spent it already."

They said, "OK then, just bring us the dead mule."
The farmer asked, "What in the world ya'll gonna do with a dead mule?"
Curtis said, "We gonna raffle him off."
The farmer said, "You can't raffle off a dead mule!
Leroy said, "We sure can! Heck, we don't hafta tell nobody he's dead!"

A couple of weeks later, the farmer ran into Curtis & Leroy at the Piggly Wiggly grocery store and asked, "What'd you fellers ever do with that dead mule?"
They said, "We raffled him off like we said we wuz gonna do."
Leroy said, "Shucks, we sold 500 tickets fer two dollars apiece and made a profit of $898."
The farmer said, "My Lord, didn't anyone complain?"
Curtis said, "Well, the feller who won got upset. So we gave him his two dollars back."

bookie, i had a talkin' dog once.

had him since he was a pup, one day, he was about 9 i came home a bit late & plum tuckered out & fell asleep in the living room.

he came over, jumped on me a few times, barked in my ear. nothin'

suddenly he shouted reeal loud "wake up i'm hungry and i gotta poo".

startled, i got up fed and walked him. naturally i asked him why he never spoke before.

he said "had nothing to say, everythin's been fine up to now". he never spoke again.

Good smile for an early Saturday morning. Two good stories. Glad you two shared and actually glad the thread has continued this far.

Perhaps a bit of a drift off from the 4 legged stories but I had an albino crow that hung around me when I was in grammar school. Would follow me to and from school. I'm not making this up.

Probably half the school year and part of the summer. He'd, well I guess it was a he, how do ya tell ya know? He'd land sometimes near me, fed him sometimes. Would never come close enough to touch or hold or anything. Usually just fly around overhead but not too far off and thinking it was a fluke, I could actually think better back in grammar school than I can now days, he never followed any of my friends around when I wasn't around????

Never did talk neither, kind of dissappointed but maybe just didn't have nothing to say?

Birds are pretty dang smart apparently. I saw a video once of them using traffic to break open nuts. They would wait for the lights to change then set them down on the road till the cars would break them. They would then wait for the red light and go pick them up and eat. Some humans cant even figure that out.
Reminds me of another true story:
I lost a bet on a putting green with a friend one time over an albino squirrel. I had a long put then I figured one more shot to drop it in the hole and i would have won the bet. Sure thing I thought. I went for the put and overshot the hole a few feet and an albino squirrel came over and picked up my ball, ran across the street with it and went up the tree and dropped it in his (or her) nest. How the heck do ya play that? That same squirrel would climb up your leg and walk across your arm to eat out of your hand. It was a golf course pet and pretty tame. There was also a jet black one. Pretty cool looking squirrels I thought.

Mules to birds to squirrels:thumbup:

Haha, all animal-related stories are good as far as I'm concerned!

Indeed, crows and rooks are wickedly smart.

Have any of you guys seen the show, I think it was on National Geographic or something were a guy built a bunch of boxes and placed them all over the city and trained the crows to learn that whenever they placed a coin into the box peanuts would automatically be dispensed.

It didn't take long for the crows to learn and the guy would refill the boxes every week and fill his pockets with the coins.:)

Anyway, not trying do derail this thread, reading here just made this come to mind.

I did see that! That was awesome. They coinage amounted to quite a bit of money from what I remember. Workin for peanuts:thumbup: Theres an idea Bookie! Train some ptarmigan to pick up gold nuggets!

Have any of you guys seen the show, I think it was on National Geographic or something were a guy built a bunch of boxes and placed them all over the city and trained the crows to learn that whenever they placed a coin into the box peanuts would automatically be dispensed.

It didn't take long for the crows to learn and the guy would refill the boxes every week and fill his pockets with the coins.:)

Anyway, not trying do derail this thread, reading here just made this come to mind.

No, but now I have to! Thanks!

I just read this whole thread from beginning to end. You're a great storyteller, Bookie!

You Gentlemen are too kind. Please don't let your opinions/thoughts get around. I have an image to uphold, you know.

Back