Bear Grylls is not quite a survivor

i know we are not children amymore, but most of us at one time believed in and loved Santa Clause. i love the show no matter what, but it would be nice too know the truth!!

i know we are not children amymore, but most of us at one time believed in and loved Santa Clause. i love the show no matter what, but it would be nice too know the truth!!

Yeah when I was 6, there is no way anyone that enjoys the outdoors even a little could endorse what Bear tries to show as real advice.

After seeing the videos, its hard to believe he is in a true survival situation but he is definetly a qualified adventurer. I take his show to be mostly entertainment but every once and a while I can pick out something useful. He has a lot of other accomplishments such as climbing Everest and crossing the Arctic. Just out of curiosity has anyone doubted his credibility on these things?

Also, I wanted to make one more point. He never made it into the real SAS because of the back injury while parachutting. I don't know how the army structure works real well, but had he been a reserve longer, would he have eventually become a full SAS? Maybe after recovering from his back injury he decided joining back up wasn't worth it as his film career started taking off.

Has Bear jumped out of a hot-air balloon yet? You know, to simulate what you'd do just in case you jumped out of a hot-air balloon?

Andrew, both his "youngest Briton to climb Everest" and his paraflight "over Everest" have been disputed convincingly. Reserve units as a rule provide a semi-trained pool from which a regular force can draw candidates for training. His back injury probably excluded him from the selection process for further training.
A search on here will provide a bunch of links to various sources.

i ought to get me cable sumtime, and be entertained

seems like i'm missing too much

on the other hand

the memories of endless commercials still makes my skin crawl with anger

At the very least, he's between seasons.

However, there's an astonshing lack of replay on the weekends, when Discovery usually re-runs last season's stuff.

Makes me think they're either hedging their bets, or re-tooling the show.

But it just may be that they're giving this season's shows more attention.

At the very least, he's between seasons.

However, there's an astonshing lack of replay on the weekends, when Discovery usually re-runs last season's stuff.

Makes me think they're either hedging their bets, or re-tooling the show.

But it just may be that they're giving this season's shows more attention.

I would think Discovery would cancel it. I wouldn't think they'd want that kinda show on their network. Fiction that is.

They had just started airing season two when this sh** storm struck.

-- FLIX

Supposedly from reading various sources; it is going to be re-tooled a bit and have more disclaimers in the intro. Another forum I read, someone contacted Discovery and they were re-editing the second season to reflect this and that is why we haven't seen in on recently.

But this was on the internet, so take it for what it's worth.

Back