Beckerheads, let's roll (Beckerhead Member List SIGNUP THREAD)

Moosez45

Custom Antlers, Factory Knives...
See the end of this post for tweaks and updates

#

:D The Coveted List:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/offical-master-beckerhead-member-list-hall-of-fame.796576/

#

Ok, I talked to Ethan today at lunch today, and got some things squared away. Gear and swag will be forth coming, but we will go ahead get going.

I still don't have permission from Kabar yet to use the official logo, but I got some leads on it. DB should get us some cool images going soon. Gear and swag will be forthcoming, but it will take some time to get it all squared away, be patient.

#

:D To be a Beckerhead:
  • You must be a member in good standing with Bladeforums. Any instance of misconduct on these forums, will jeapordize your membership and all privileges
  • Own and use a Becker product of any era, be it Kabar, Camillus, or Blackjack/Cincinnati
  • You must already have 75 posts in Bladeforums, 25 posts of value in the Becker forums, and at least 5 threads started by you in the Becker forum.
  • Posts of value are as follow: No one word posts, no smilies only posts, and contribute to the conversation in the thread. These will be judged by the Moderators.
  • You will need to REPLY TO THIS THREAD, and pending verification, your request for membership will be approved at a later time. Included in your post must be the three following items: (1) Evidence of your 25 posts in the Becker subforum by way of Advance Search (your username, Becker subforum) and a screenshot of the results (hint: numbers show up at the bottom of the page), (2) links to the 5 threads you have started in Becker, (3) a picture of the Becker knife/knives you own.
  • Reply to this thread only with your request, PLEASE do not PM or email the mods unless you have questions (Email option is better)
  • PLEASE DO NOT REQUEST A NUMBER IF YOU DO NOT QUALIFY YET
  • You *may* request a particular number AFTER YOU QUALIFY, but it's just a request. Numbers too far ahead of the end are pushing it ;)
  • On approval, you will need to email (to moosez45): Your name, Forum name, Address, Email, and Phone number. This is private, and will not be given out to anyone except those associated with the Beckerheads and not to every Beckerhead members. Information is for contests, gatherings, and shows. EMAIL the info to Moosez45 only.
  • Please: Stay on topic in this thread or else. Bwa Hah Hah.

:D How do you KNOW if you finally qualify?
Originally Posted by PropThePolecat
1. Click "Search" at the top of the page.
2. Then "Advanced search" in the little drop-down menu.
3. In the "Search by username" field enter your username.
4. And mark the Becker subforum, to narrow your search to the Becker subforum.

Results: Showing results 1 to 25 of 36

5. Then go back to step 3 and tick the little "Find thread by user" box underneath the "Search by username" to find threads started.
6. Mark the Becker subforum again.

Results: Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Here's what you can look forward to getting as a Beckerhead:
-You can use your Beckerhead number in your Location or Signature
-12 contests a year for gear and toys
-4 major contests a year for knives. These will be known as Ethan's Challenges and will be 1 for every season
-Take a tour of the Kabar Manufacturing (pending)
-Information on knife shows, and gatherings exclusive to the Beckerheads
-Beckerhead Gear, starting with Patches with your specific Beckerhead Number on it
-Privileges to participate in pass arounds, new product info, and new design beta testing
-More stuff as we go along, somethings aren't final or even thought of yet

Contests for MAJOR prizes will be for Beckerhead that are also GOLD++ MEMBERS of Bladeforums, with other contests for Beckerheads as non gold members available

These are the beginning guidelines and will change and get modified as we move along, but consider them the baseline. Should you wish to resign your membership in the Beckerheads, your number will be recycled to new members.

Right now, we will start with 10-50 in the Beckerhead numbers, feel free to request a number IN THAT RANGE. 0-10 will be reserved for certain folks that are closely tied to Ethan, Bladite, and Becker products. If you want a number outside of of 10-50, it may take longer to get your numbered patch. As we grow, and we extend the numbers, your number will be your number, you may not change unless it approved through Ethan, Bladite, or myself. This is to keep the records straight, for shows and other things.

There will be a list made with everyone's forum name and Beckerhead number, and stickied in the Becker forum, so everyone can see who in and who's not.

That's about all. Feel free to offer suggestions about changes, but don't be upset if they are not incorporated.

Bladite, do you concur? Obviously changes you want to make are cool with me. Most of this was discussed with Ethan, and he's down with it. So, there we go. Its all I can do for now, and remember, this is a dynamic group, changes will be made based on interaction, performance, and suggestions of the Beckerheads. (Bladte concurs and even made some edits)

Let's roll.

Moose

#

Additional tweaks!

o For your "proof", to speed things along, help out the busy busy busy mods, please use this most excellent format: Screen shots of your searches, and other info. Pictures of knives are good too. Everything in one place and one place for everything. Help us out! :D

see this post in this thread (#2049):

plain link:
Code:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/792055-Beckerheads-let-s-roll-(Beckerhead-Member-List-SIGNUP-THREAD)?p=15161124#post15161124

Ze Mods won't chase your links down too deeply, or do the searches for you, or much remind you that it's not right. We tend to sit down, and go through what we see (in reverse order even to the next marker). If we don't see it, or something is missing, we move along. You'll probably notice when we indicate we processed a bunch. Apologies if we skipped the obvious, but high speed low drag! Remind us when we screw up.

#

Last edited by a moderator:
all of this sounds good to me.

accepting bribes starting ... now ;)

let the good times roll...

Bladite

This sounds great! I really like the idea of the Beckerheads, but I got two questions: First, what about those Becker fans in overseas like me, we can join the party too, right? And second, I think I have enough posts, I have three Beckers (2 Cam., 1 Ka-bar), but I never felt the need to start a thread here. Now it seems that I have to do this for becoming a possible Beckerhead. Ok, I could show my BK9HH in my own thread, but most of the time that I spend here I lean back and let the others talk 'til there's someting to say for me.

If the answer to my first question is a "No", it won't be a problem after all, but I hope that this is not the case...

Sweet.

It might be awhile before I meet all of those, but one day I will be a Beckerhead officially! :thumbup:

It sounds good to me, except the "5 threads started by" part. There are many valuable contributors who have never started a thread here. And also me. :D

Nice! I've been looking forward to this. Can I request a number in this thread? If so, I would like #25!! I will send the info email here shortly!! :thumbup:

This sounds great! I really like the idea of the Beckerheads, but I got two questions: First, what about those Becker fans in overseas like me, we can join the party too, right? And second, I think I have enough posts, I have three Beckers (2 Cam., 1 Ka-bar), but I never felt the need to start a thread here. Now it seems that I have to do this for becoming a possible Beckerhead. Ok, I could show my BK9HH in my own thread, but most of the time that I spend here I lean back and let the others talk 'til there's someting to say for me.

If the answer to my first question is a "No", it won't be a problem after all, but I hope that this is not the case...

Overseas are as welcome as any, but there may be some issues with passarounds and such, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. Please, apply!!!

As to the thread posting, my idea with the Beckerheads idea is not to just become a frateral group (chicks welcome too, by the way)but to promote Becker/Kabar knives. The only way we can do that is by word of mouth, and to show people on the internet, how interesting Beckers can be. On the average, the Becker forum has7-9 viewing, ESEE, 55-60, W&SS 110-115. Know why? There are tons of interesting discussion, that have to do with all kinds of subjects, not just the knives, but trips with knives, holidays with knives, jobs with knives, and stuff like that. The more we get viewing, the more Kabar is going to look at this as a great way to market products and advertisement. Therefore, they will be more willing to supply, us, the Beckerheads with more stuff to keep it going. See what I mean? Back scratchinh, ya'll.

Not all contests, pass arounds, and giveaways will be JUST for GOLD MEMBERS, but some will. Once again, the idea is to promote Bladeforums, OUR HOME!!!!! For the paltry sum of $35, you get a YEARS membership, and will qualify for more than just Beckerhead stuff, I promise. There will be contests that involve everyone, and quite a few, but some really good prizes will require a gold membership. Its just the way it is. Bladeforums takes money to run, and Spark ain't rollin' in it and wipin' his ass with Franklins, you can ask him. There are alot of people who put in hours of time here as mods and members for nothing, nothing at all. Hell, I'll be buying some Gold memberships to add as contest prizes, so there's a chance you can get in for free.

Most of the stuff I am doing with the Beckerheads, comes from my love of knives, good steel doesn't have to cost an arm and leg, and the awesomeness of Bladeforums, because believe me, if there was no Bladeforums, then there would be no Beckerheads. So pony up some dough, get a membership, and don't worry about it anymore.

Moose

I'm a Becker nut... not sure when I'll qualify though. I'll work on it.

Most of the stuff I am doing with the Beckerheads, comes from my love of knives, good steel doesn't have to cost an arm and leg, and the awesomeness of Bladeforums, because believe me, if there was no Bladeforums, then there would be no Beckerheads.
So pony up some dough, get a membership, and don't worry about it anymore.

Moose, there is no doubt in my mind you could sell ice to an eskimo . . . :D
Be safe.
p.s.: Congrats on the 1K post too, can't wait to see 2K . . .

sweetness! we've been waiting for this for a long time. happy to see the ball is now rolling. moose - i just e-mailed you my info.

if you don't mind, i'm putting a list of numbers requested here to prevent others from requesting a # someone else already requested to prevent hassle.

13. thelastdaze
15. switchblade61
25. mikeyj
33. jv3

oh yeah, for those who hasn't started a thread here yet an easy way to do that is just to go on a hike with your becker/s, take lots of pics and post them here. repeat every weekend and before you know it you'll have all the requirements.

is it too early for me to put "beckerhead #33" in my sig line? :D

is it too early for me to put "beckerhead #33" in my sig line? :D

yes. no bribes yet ;)

will probably have to have a different permasticky like ESEE for "the list" and similar reference to the rules, and the "okay, i'm ready for a number", etc. but later :)

Bladite

Back