Beckerheads, let's roll (Beckerhead Member List SIGNUP THREAD)

I'm surprised the guy that had the idea of starting this up in the first place has yet to chime in, can't remember his name right off, Bladite, you see him post lately?

I think the problem (if you could call it that) whether the median number is 4 or 7 people viewing any given time is no one posts!!! we need people whether they're BH's or not to post, this is what sparks conversation..

I don't care if its in the archives or not, post away... yeah many questions tend to be redundant but if it wasn't for redundancy there would be no FORUM at all !!! There's not one specific topic on any of the forums on the net or subforums for that matter that hasn't already been covered..

There's been days I'd check in the room and not one single post has been made, you know how to take care of that??

make a new thread people..

I'm surprised the guy that had the idea of starting this up in the first place has yet to chime in, can't remember his name right off, Bladite, you see him post lately?

I think the problem (if you could call it that) whether the median number is 4 or 7 people viewing any given time is no one posts!!! we need people whether they're BH's or not to post, this is what sparks conversation..

I don't care if its in the archives or not, post away... yeah many questions tend to be redundant but if it wasn't for redundancy there would be no FORUM at all !!! There's not one specific topic on any of the forums on the net or subforums for that matter that hasn't already been covered..

There's been days I'd check in the room and not one single post has been made, you know how to take care of that??

quality not quantity.

we need religion ;) we need exclusive club stuff. that will get people all uppity ;)

also, perhaps some people scare others off :)

also also, apparently some people are ashamed to admit they have Beckers because they also collect other expensive knives and they are not worthy?

also also also, coming up on Holidays. a lot of people are working, or not working, and well, i dunno :>

Bladite

I think I qualify, I'll send an email on monday and see. Great idea and glad to see it rolling! :thumbup:

Sounds like a fun group. I would like to take part. Bladite, where is your email addy? I would love number, whatever you want to give me. Lower the better. Thanks fellas. :D

Fun concept. I really do like Becker knives a lot, but I reserve the right to question, constructively critique, and not slavishly follow the fan boy crowd if something doesn't sit right. If I'm wrong, I admit it, but I'm not interested in being a ''yes man'' lemming to be part of the ''in'' crowd. Have fun, I wish you all well.:thumbup:

Sounds like a fun group. I would like to take part. Bladite, where is your email addy? I would love number, whatever you want to give me. Lower the better. Thanks fellas. :D

it's in the same interface as you PM for. though i'm kidding about bribes ;) no need to email me.

Fun concept. I really do like Becker knives a lot, but I reserve the right to question, constructively critique, and not slavishly follow the fan boy crowd if something doesn't sit right. If I'm wrong, I admit it, but I'm not interested in being a ''yes man'' lemming to be part of the ''in'' crowd. Have fun, I wish you all well.:thumbup:

well, no Beckerhead number, no fun contests, prizes, exclusives. you can still tell Ethan and Toooj what's wrong with the comfort of knowing we all still like you :eek: heck, even more comfort!

Bladite

That would have been me . . . kinda. Awhile back I did the things you can see here ( http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=716124 ), and, I think, some other things, too (although I don't remember where they are, at the moment).:D

Then another member — RABII, if I remember correctly — chimed in and said, essentially, "Hey, kids, let's form a club! It'll be swell!" Okay, that's not exactly what he said, but close enough. Anyway, the concept kinda drug on over time. I was trying to put some things together, but I was trying to do some paying design work, too (I like being able to eat). As time went on, and I got sicker, I slowed down to the point I was doing very little, and the project slowed down, too.

So nothing much happened for awhile until fairly recently when Moose started pushing it (thanks, Moose). That's a good thing because, while I didn't have the energy to do much of anything, Moose did; so now this thing is finally coming to fruition.

I'm perfectly happy to have Moose and Bladite continue with what they're doing, and — since I'm getting better — I'll get some things done on the graphics, and other, fronts.

Right now I'm working on some stuff for a paying client, but I should be able to get back to doing some Becker stuff in the next few days. Actually, I already have some things in progress, but they're not ready for show n' tell . . . yet.

Now I have to see about getting my Becker number so I can be an even bigger part of this whole thing. I guess we did form a club, huh, kids?

glad to see you're feeling a little better DB, lets keep it that way:thumbup:

also maybe we can all pitch in and help pay you 'somewhat' for your professional service, I know I'd be willing..

I know how it is when health lets you down believe me.. It really puts things in perspective and enlightens one to realize whats really important in life..

stay well my friend..

Rob

As I told DB many moons ago, some things are a matter of timing. All things happen in their good time if they're going to happen at all. I too, am glad Moose and Bladite have re-energized this effort. Like alot of you I only have so much time to sit behind a computer screen and tend to visit MANY sites. It has nothing to do with shame, snobbery or anything else for that matter...just time!
I check in as often as possible but am also guilty of not posting every time I visit ( I hardly believe EVERYONE does!) I will however devote more time to this forum because, I too, believe in Becker knives. But I also believe in the quality of posts that Bladite referred to, and will ONLY make the posts that contribute something. Enough said on my part, let the momentum continue.

glad to see you're feeling a little better DB, lets keep it that way:thumbup:

also maybe we can all pitch in and help pay you 'somewhat' for your professional service, I know I'd be willing..

I know how it is when health lets you down believe me.. It really puts things in perspective and enlightens one to realize whats really important in life..

stay well my friend..

Rob

Thanks, Rob. I'm getting better day by day, which is a good thing. It'll take another month or so to get back to full steam but, compared to a couple of months ago, I'm doing a lot better already.

No, nobody needs to pitch in and pay me: I do this because I want to. I like Becker knives, I like the community we've built here, and I like the people who frequent this forum, too. Plus, I also consider Ethan a friend. Ethan and Toooj give us products we can be proud of, and back them to the hilt (no pun intended); those are the kind of guys I'm happy to support, because they support us so well.

There are others, too, that make this forum a place I'm happy to hang out in. Bladite is right up there at the top of the list. We could do a whole heck of a lot worse for a moderator, you know. How many of you stop to think about how much work he's put into this board? Just the FAQ's section alone took a lot of work to compile, and he maintains them too (plus he's put up with my silliness rather well for a long time, which is saying something).

Now we have some newer members who are fitting right in, you included, Rob.

Pay me? Naw. Just being able to hang out around here is payment enough.

As I told DB many moons ago, some things are a matter of timing. All things happen in their good time if they're going to happen at all. I too, am glad Moose and Bladite have re-energized this effort. Like alot of you I only have so much time to sit behind a computer screen and tend to visit MANY sites. It has nothing to do with shame, snobbery or anything else for that matter...just time!
I check in as often as possible but am also guilty of not posting every time I visit ( I hardly believe EVERYONE does!) I will however devote more time to this forum because, I too, believe in Becker knives. But I also believe in the quality of posts that Bladite referred to, and will ONLY make the posts that contribute something. Enough said on my part, let the momentum continue.

Hey, RABII, glad to see you check in. Funny, I brought your name up earlier today as being semi responsible for all this community organization stuff.

Thanks, Rob. I'm getting better day by day, which is a good thing. It'll take another month or so to get back to full steam but, compared to a couple of months ago, I'm doing a lot better already.

No, nobody needs to pitch in and pay me: I do this because I want to. I like Becker knives, I like the community we've built here, and I like the people who frequent this forum, too. Plus, I also consider Ethan a friend. Ethan and Toooj give us products we can be proud of, and back them to the hilt (no pun intended); those are the kind of guys I'm happy to support, because they support us so well.

There are others, too, that make this forum a place I'm happy to hang out in. Bladite is right up there at the top of the list. We could do a whole heck of a lot worse for a moderator, you know. How many of you stop to think about how much work he's put into this board? Just the FAQ's section alone took a lot of work to compile, and he maintains them too (plus he's put up with my silliness rather well for a long time, which is saying something).

Now we have some newer members who are fitting right in, you included, Rob.

Pay me? Naw. Just being able to hang out around here is payment enough.

yup, things happen in their time. all the forces aligned, and things happen.

i got a pass-around going at long last... wow, i think i've been moderator about a year. lots of things going on during that time. now we got a knife out in the wild, and KaBar is getting ready for 2011 and SHOT and Blade.

much kudos to RabiiRabbit and DawsonBobarino for their earlier cheering and ideas, and M000zes for getting the gumption and energy to be a tipping point, and volunteering all that time to go all Beckerhead for us.

none of us are being paid, but we're here, and were crazy :> the FAQ is a work of fanaticism :}

there's going to be some interesting happenings soon, i hope.

Bladite

Great to see this finally coming together! :cool: Now I can officially be a Beckerhead!

I'm in. Can you put me down with spot 23.

Moose I'll get that info to you ASAP.

I'm back from bushcrafting this weekend. Been alot of fun and friction fires, and shelters, and whittling and oh, well, you get the idea. I just got my gear in and I will get to work on getting the list of names to Bladite so he can get us a list of used numbers.

I'm going to Ethan's house next weekend after TksGvn, and we are going to start this off with a bang, the first Ethan's Challenge should be ready to go by the first of December, with a prize and everything. Maybe something else. I gotta get with Bladite on the contest rules, and stipulations. Don't worry, this won't be a Gold only contest, 'cause we need as many folks involved as we can get. Look for the contest to finish up around the first of the year, and prize delivery in the middle of January.

Thanks guys, I got all your info, I just been bushin' out for a couple of days with Joezilla, and I still stink and my gear is dirty. I beat my BK9 up some this weekend too, it loved it and wants to go out soon again.

Moose

I'm back from bushcrafting this weekend. Been alot of fun and friction fires, and shelters, and whittling and oh, well, you get the idea. I just got my gear in and I will get to work on getting the list of names to Bladite so he can get us a list of used numbers.

I'm going to Ethan's house next weekend after TksGvn, and we are going to start this off with a bang, the first Ethan's Challenge should be ready to go by the first of December, with a prize and everything. Maybe something else. I gotta get with Bladite on the contest rules, and stipulations. Don't worry, this won't be a Gold only contest, 'cause we need as many folks involved as we can get. Look for the contest to finish up around the first of the year, and prize delivery in the middle of January.

Thanks guys, I got all your info, I just been bushin' out for a couple of days with Joezilla, and I still stink and my gear is dirty. I beat my BK9 up some this weekend too, it loved it and wants to go out soon again.

Moose

Glad to hear that you had fun. I just sent you an email, BTW.

Oh, and I'm in for a Beckerhead number . . . don't want to feel left out, you know.:D

Overseas are as welcome as any, but there may be some issues with passarounds and such, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. Please, apply!!!
Thanks Moose for your answer, I'm already thinking about a topic that's worth being discussed in its own thread. And btw, congrats to the promotion you got!

Thanks Moose for your answer, I'm already thinking about a topic that's worth being discussed in its own thread. And btw, congrats to the promotion you got!

possibly, it's a demotion :) certainly demolition.

Bladite

Back