Beckers and Peppers

Yes, you read that right. Peppers. All kinds. Hot, mild, dry, fresh, cooked or raw – it's all good. Post all your pepper pics here (with a Becker knife of course).

Our pepper patch is just starting to produce. This morning's harvest includes some Ring of Fires (the slender red ones), some green chillies and a Congo Trinidad Habanero. The RoF and green chillies are rather mild, but the CTH clocks in at about 400,000 Scoville units. Regular Jalapenos average between 2,500 and 8,000 units – maybe a touch more.

8XVufNuh.jpg

Yes, you read that right. Peppers. All kinds. Hot, mild, dry, fresh, cooked or raw – it's all good. Post all your pepper pics here (with a Becker knife of course).

Our pepper patch is just starting to produce. This morning's harvest includes some Ring of Fires (the slender red ones), some green chillies and a Congo Trinidad Habanero. The RoF and green chillies are rather mild, but the CTH clocks in at about 400,000 Scoville units. Regular Jalapenos average between 2,500 and 8,000 units – maybe a touch more.

8XVufNuh.jpg

Gonna be a good thread gmoney:thumbsup:

I knew I had a old photo with peppers in it somewhere!

Mmm that was a good meal... deer shoulder, potatoes, onions, and of course baby peppers. All tossed in the dutch oven and cooked on a tripod over a fire. All contents processed by the magnum camp.

IMG_3351.jpg

I think this thread is going to be a wonderful educational resource. It will help inform me of which peppers to steer clear of ;).

Joking aside, I do enjoy spicy stuff but I have never been one to enjoy hot for just hot's sake, I have to be able to enjoy the flavor too.

Yes, this will a good educational experience on what not to try :D

I think this thread is going to be a wonderful educational resource. It will help inform me of which peppers to steer clear of ;).

Joking aside, I do enjoy spicy stuff but I have never been one to enjoy hot for just hot's sake, I have to be able to enjoy the flavor too.

Yes, this will a good educational experience on what not to try :D

I think we'll all enjoy the learning opportunities!

In all seriousness, this is the first season I've planted any legitimately stupid-hot peppers: Carolina Reapers at 2.2 million Scoville units, Ghost Peppers just over 1 million Scoville units and Big Mamma Black peppers at 1 million Scoville units. Genuinely curious to see if I can get them to work with real meals.

Also have the usual assortment of Jalapenos, Thai chillies, Scotch Bonnets and Habbeneros.

Perhaps I'll bring some down to the Gathering!

Last edited:
I think we'll all enjoy the learning opportunities!

In all seriousness, this is the first season I've planted any legitimately stupid-hot peppers: Carolina Reapers at 2.2 million Scoville units, Ghost Peppers just over 1 million Scoville units and Big Mamma Black peppers at 1 million Scoville units. Gencuriousurisous to see if I can get them to work with real meals.

Also have the usual assortment of Jalapenos, Thai chillies, Scotch Bonnets and Habbeneros.

Perhaps I'll bring some down to the Gathering!
I learned the hard way a while back at an exclusive Hot Sauce Shop. The nice little lady asked if I would like to try anything and where would would I like to start? We have em all mild to hot. She recommended I start with mild. Haha , I said I like hot so let me try a few steps down from hot. WOW! I will never make that mistake ever again. I had no idea anything could be so hot . I could not even thank her on my way out the door my mouth was on fire and burned for hours :eek: she I'm sure sees that fun a lot :D . I will always start with mild. :thumbsup:

I learned the hard way a while back at an exclusive Hot Sauce Shop. The nice little lady asked if I would like to try anything and where would would I like to start? We have em all mild to hot. She recommended I start with mild. Haha , I said I like hot so let me try a few steps down from hot. WOW! I will never make that mistake ever again. I had no idea anything could be so hot . I could not even thank her on my way out my mouth war on fire and burned for hours :eek: she I'm sure sees that fun a lot :D . I will always start with mild. :thumbsup:

Lol, I've done that myself! There is a local joint here that makes their own pepper sauce, and it makes Dave's Insanity taste like gummy bear sauce!

This morning's harvest. Two Big Black Mama peppers. Each is about the two inches long and about an inch wide. Up to 1 million on the Scoville heat scale. Not sure what I'm going to do with these...

xyFWVNVh.jpg

Last edited:
Can you dry them and then grind them up? Turn it into something similar to cayenne powder for flavoring. Or would that diminish their ungodly heat?

Or it could just be a very manly chili!

Would definitely put hair on your chest!

Can you dry them and then grind them up? Turn it into something similar to cayenne powder for flavoring. Or would that diminish their ungodly heat?

Yeah, chili powder might be a good solution.

Make a good salsa, take it to the job, and challenges the buddies, that's a lot of fun...

Man, that would be fun!

You should grow a bunch of them and do a pepper challenge! Kind of like the Carolina Reaper challenge a bunch did on youtube!

Back