Beer and Blades!

The knife is your basic Delica in VG-10.

Beer is a local one, Spotted Cow farmhouse ale, illuminated with some late day sun as I cook up some marinated chicken landing gear on the ol’ Weber kettle.

Yep, a couple of those drumsticks got away from me when I started them over direct heat and left them too long. The skin on that side will need to go.

IMG_4649.jpegIMG_4647.jpegIMG_4651.jpegIMG_4648.jpeg

Two new deliveries and a new beer. The knives are a Spyderco Leaf Jumper in K390 and a Bugout in S30v, with gray G10 scales. The beer is (was) a Belgian trippel by New Belgium Brewery. I LOVE trippels!

In the background is a clock made from a 45 rpm record that my sister got me for my 45th birthday last year.

IMG_4667.jpeg

My next beer is a favorite from a local brewery. (We’re blessed with MANY breweries in Wisconsin, as we were settled mostly by Germans)

Two Women lager, by New Glarus Brewing Co. Don’t look for it unless you live in WI. It’s not exported across The Cheddar Curtain. If you’re passing through, DO grab some, though!

IMG_4669.jpeg

Two new deliveries and a new beer. The knives are a Spyderco Leaf Jumper in K390 and a Bugout in S30v, with gray G10 scales. The beer is (was) a Belgian trippel by New Belgium Brewery. I LOVE trippels!

In the background is a clock made from a 45 rpm record that my sister got me for my 45th birthday last year.

View attachment 2299046
How is that edition of the NB Trippel? I've only had the original, and distributors don't send a lot of deep dive beers this way from out of state.

How is that edition of the NB Trippel? I've only had the original, and distributors don't send a lot of deep dive beers this way from out of state.
It was great. It did not taste like a genuine trippel, (too fruity) but it was just as good.

It was great. It did not taste like a genuine trippel, (too fruity) but it was just as good.
I highly recommend trying the North Coast Pranqster if you like American attempts at Belgian style beers.

Back