Beer and Blades!

I bought a case of Warsteiner Oktoberfest. I don’t care for it; too bitter. I like every other German Oktoberfest beer I’ve had.

Nice knife though!
(Benchmade 390 Arcane)

View attachment 2339954

I love the Warsteiner Oktoberfest but I've only ever had it in bottles. Did you only try it cold?

At least for me, they are bitter at fridge temp. They relax and develop a better aroma as they warm up. I think Warsteiner recommends serving them at 6-7 centigrade (43-45F). I like them at cellar temp.

I just had a Brewer's Gold in the ballpark of their recommended serving temp. It's not my favorite from them but it was a nice pairing for the smoke.

Al8Wchl.jpg

I love the Warsteiner Oktoberfest but I've only ever had it in bottles. Did you only try it cold?

At least for me, they are bitter at fridge temp. They relax and develop a better aroma as they warm up. I think Warsteiner recommends serving them at 6-7 centigrade (43-45F). I like them at cellar temp.

I just had a Brewer's Gold in the ballpark of their recommended serving temp. It's not my favorite from them but it was a nice pairing for the smoke.

Al8Wchl.jpg
Well, I had the first few sips with it cold. Drank it until it was warm. Didn’t like it th whole way.

Well, I had the first few sips with it cold. Drank it until it was warm. Didn’t like it th whole way.

That's too bad. Either it is better in bottles or just not your jam. Do you like the regular and dunkel versions of Warsteiner?

The regular Warsteiner is OK to me, but not great.

My favorite is Becks.

The Warsteiner Dunkel is one of my all-time favorite beers. Of course, I enjoy that one a little warmer too. 😜

Otherwise, I like a wide variety from ESB to Belgian Ale. The main exceptions are macrobrews like Bud, some of the "beers" with extra ingredients, and super hoppy stuff like American IPA.

Back