Benchmade 319 Proper...I like it

Glad you like it. It's funny, a lot of people didn't understand why we would want to make a slipjoint at first but it definitely fills a gap in our line.

I haven't owned a slipjoint in a very long time, the Proper seemed to be the perfect knife to change that with, no regrets

Glad you like it. It's funny, a lot of people didn't understand why we would want to make a slipjoint at first but it definitely fills a gap in our line.
I haven't owned a slipjoint in a very long time, the Proper seemed to be the perfect knife to change that with, no regrets
It definitely does fill a gap. I have a few junk promo slipjoints that sit in drawers, but the only other "real" one I have is a SAK Alox electrician that I bought to take on our last trip to Bermuda where the knife laws are doubly worse than England's. It's a quality knife with a lot of utility, but just doesn't feel like I have anything much in my hand. The 319 is a nice blend of modern materials and styling that feels like a Proper fit for my mitt.

XoemFqu.jpg

Yesterday I carried my 710 and 705 users--a favorite pairing. Today I grabbed my Hati to clip in my right and the new little guy slipped right back into its Proper spot in the bottom of my left.

rsJPTTf.jpg

Outside of work, my Proper has kicked every other knife out of my pocket.

Just found a deal on a lightly used red G10 version and snagged it. Can't wait for it to arrive so I can check it out.

Just found a deal on a lightly used red G10 version and snagged it. Can't wait for it to arrive so I can check it out.

After handling both for about a week now I think I prefer the G10 version by a very slight margin. For some reason it feels slightly heavier than the micarta version but they weigh the same on my scale.

I just picked up a 319 in Micarta, and let me say how much I like this knife. It's "Me" and while probably the only purchase for 2017, being retired. This makes for a great BD present from me to myself!

Does REI still have coupons for this? If so, can someone PM me the details on how to get one? This one has really caught my interest!

Are there any plans for exclusives on these? I could see a some different color handles going very well with the design, especially a different micarta or even a nice dark wood.

I agree with what you said. I don't think it would hurt to have a backspring that's a little stiffer but I also think the Proper works well in its current configuration.

Back