Benchmade 551-1701 Griptilian DLT Trading Exlcusive

One of the nicest looking Griptilians I've seen- I'm still on the fence though as I already have a M390 Ritter and a 550-1 (20CV), if it was S90V it would have been a no-brainer.

We are really excited about this knife, the goal was for it to be a distinct upgrade to the standard model, and feel its definitely met that goal. We hope you guys like it, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

I will say as well, the carbon fiber handle scales help get rid of that hollow feeling that some people complain about with the griptilians. That is honestly my favorite part about this model.

Last edited:
Yeah that's a pretty Griptilian for sure! I'm surprised I'm just now hearing of this. Too bad it's a bit out of reach for me. I do like the idea of a black oxide deep carry clip, and the carbon fiber looks sweet.

Very nice! M390, nice CF and brass standoffs.
  • Satin blade: $233.75
  • Black blade: $246.50
Questions:
  1. How many in this first batch?
  2. What is the coating on the black blade?
  3. Any plans on a Mini version (556-1701)?

BM-1818__26157.1497627187.1280.1280.jpg

BM-1809__78214.1497630223.1280.1280.jpg

BM-1815__96060.1497627186.1280.1280.jpg

Just ordered one and probably couldn't afford it but just couldn't help it

I just received today in the mail a presidio 2 and it is bad ass! But just a bit to big so ill b returning it for this one!

Really beautiful! I'm surprised it weighs over 4 oz though. I would have thought the CF scales would have made it lighter.

Really beautiful! I'm surprised it weighs over 4 oz though. I would have thought the CF scales would have made it lighter.

Agreed.

The 4.19 oz. weight listed for the 551-1701 with CF seems high since the 551-1 with G-10 weighs 4.17 oz.

Perhaps DLT Trading can weigh both and let us know.

Since the scales are flat and the overall thickness is just under that of the -1 models there will be more scale material than with the -1 models. The -1 models are rounded and get much thinner toward the edges and the butt of the knife. Assuming measurements are taken at the thickest point then there would be a good bit more material on this model accounting for the added weight thus making it about the same as the -1.
But a darn good looking knife though.

My knife budget really can't stand this thing right now...

but it looks so cool! Love the carbon fiber, and the brass makes for a pretty distinctive look.

I started my thoughts for this post complaining about the price ..... but as I got to the bottom of the scroll to start typing and looked at more and more pics .... now I want one. I need to sell the Mini-Barrage I have listed and order one.

Agreed.

The 4.19 oz. weight listed for the 551-1701 with CF seems high since the 551-1 with G-10 weighs 4.17 oz.

Perhaps DLT Trading can weigh both and let us know.

The weight on the 551-1701 was accurate, both from Benchmade and verified on our own scales.

Back