Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

Yes, Mr. Betzner has exquisite tastes in cutlery.... :)

I have a few from Richard Marchand....here are two of my favorites. :cool:

standard.jpg

Yes, Mr. Betzner has exquisite tastes in cutlery.... :)

Dudley, the more I see of your pieces, the more I wonder how much larger your construction projects here and there must have expanded your home's square footage!

Dudley and I have proven, many times over, to have very similar tastes, indeed.

In the case of CPK knives, I had no idea you had been attracted to or collected them when I acquired my first. And then, there are the daggers!

I had spoken to Nathan a number of years ago, acquired his phone number and called him when I got to Atlanta. He told me they were going to be there so Jo, Nathan, and I met at the entrance to The Blade Show.

He had a couple of knives with him and, very fortunately for me, one was the incredible D2 Hunter pictured 'above'....literally one of the very sharpest knives I've ever handled.....it has gone from there. ;)

Wonderful family, Salt of the Earth.....and neat knives, too! What more to ask for buddy! ;)

The fixed DeBraga is incredible, I was honored to handle it. :)

I started with a simple Mora. Next, I was bitten by the Becker bug. Next, the Base/Kin door was opened. This leads us to CPKnives.

Peppered throughout the above timeline I've picked up a folder here and there. Buck mostly. Last month I picked up 5 Cold Steel Triad lock folders. I'm now looking at picking up a Himalayan Imports blade at a good price.

I'd like to make a few myself someday.

I started with a simple Mora. Next, I was bitten by the Becker bug. Next, the Base/Kin door was opened. This leads us to CPKnives.

Peppered throughout the above timeline I've picked up a folder here and there. Buck mostly. Last month I picked up 5 Cold Steel Triad lock folders. I'm now looking at picking up a Himalayan Imports blade at a good price.

I'd like to make a few myself someday.

Other than skipping the Busse/kin part, I had the same progression as you. My first fixed well-used fixed blade was a Mora, and right before I got my LC my collection was almost completely Becker. I have slowed my purchases of production knives, with my last 3 purchases including the LC being customs off the forums here that took over their respective roles from Becker knives. At the moment my list of knives to buy is really just a few customs: the CPK Field Knife, and the Fiddleback Kephart, Bushraptor, and Sylverfalcen.

Along with CPK, I'm a big fan of Fiddleback Forge knives, and the production models in particular.
I have a couple of their custom knives as well, but the production knives are right in my proverbial wheelhouse.
The Production Kephart really speaks to me, otherwise known as the Pro-Kep, and guess what?
The scales are made by Nathan!
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

As far as folders are concerned, I like Spyderco, and titanium frame lock flippers...

That's a good looking knife ^. I like their production models, too, having the camp knife and duke. I didn't know Nathan was doing the scales for the kephart, is that true of all the production models.

Yeah, Nathan makes all the scales for all the FF Production knives.
I have the Duke as well, and it's an awesome blade, but the Pro-Kep fills a particular niche that my other knives do not.
The knife on the far right is a Custom Shop Kephart, which has the Pro-Kep S35VN blade, with custom FF made Shadetree Coffeebag burlap scales, and black canvas micarta bolsters & liners.

That's a good looking knife ^. I like their production models, too, having the camp knife and duke. I didn't know Nathan was doing the scales for the kephart, is that true of all the production models.

Last edited:
I'm pretty stingy on other knives I like. Becker, ESEE, Blind or Battle Horse, LT Wright, Survive!, Fiddleback, Osprey, T.M. Hunt, Dogwood, Scrapyard, SwampRat, Busse... I'm a brand whore.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm pretty stingy on other knives I like. Becker, ESEE, Blind or Battle Horse, LT Wright, Survive!, Fiddleback, Osprey, T.M. Hunt, Dogwood, Scrapyard, SwampRat, Busse... I'm a brand whore.

Oh, and Fall Creek. Love the Bushcrafter I have from him. Have two Big Chris knives that slice like hell and waiting on his Nessmuk.

Back