Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

KiQSy1Y.jpg
Get some, young man!

Excellent!

Last edited:
I'm pretty content with my collection overall...giving it some thought this morning. I have way more than I'll ever need or ever use. I can't say way more than I'll ever want, because I don't know that I'd ever achieve that sort of contentment when it comes to this passion.

But besides CPK these days, I have to say I'm very pleased with my knives from CRK, REK, Demko, Les George, a couple of Hinderers and a sprinkling of Spyderco, ZT and older Benchmades.

I have way more than this, and I won't even touch on the true customs...but the knives above really hit the sweet spot for me in terms of satisfaction with virtually every facet that matters...from build, to aesthetics to steel.

I'm pretty content with my collection overall...giving it some thought this morning. I have way more than I'll ever need or ever use. I can't say way more than I'll ever want, because I don't know that I'd ever achieve that sort of contentment when it comes to this passion.

But besides CPK these days, I have to say I'm very pleased with my knives from CRK, REK, Demko, Les George, a couple of Hinderers and a sprinkling of Spyderco, ZT and older Benchmades.

I have way more than this, and I won't even touch on the true customs...but the knives above really hit the sweet spot for me in terms of satisfaction with virtually every facet that matters...from build, to aesthetics to steel.
Minus the REK (only because I don’t own any) and plus some RMJ and Busse this mirrors my sentiments.

State of the Vehement Knives Collection, March 2024

Top to Bottom
1. Trailing Point (Custom): OG Tiger Stripe CPM154, OD micarta, black liners, tapered tang
2. K2 (Midtech): OG Tiger Stripe CPM154, double-black micarta, red liners, mosaic pins
3. Type 2 Fairbairn-Sykes Dagger (Custom): 'Gunmetal' CPM154, blackened brass guard and handle
4. Corsair (Custom): Satin "Tigerlypse" CPM154, bone paper micarta, brick red liners, mosaic pins, tapered tang, darkened brass guard
5. K2 (Custom): Hand-rubbed satin, hand hollow-grind CPM154, gloss natural micarta, red liners, mosaic pins, tapered tang
6. Trailing Point (Custom): Blackwash CPM154, serrated back edge, green and black micarta, black liners, tapered tang

State of the Vehement Knives Collection, March 2024

Top to Bottom
1. Trailing Point (Custom): OG Tiger Stripe CPM154, OD micarta, black liners, tapered tang
2. K2 (Midtech): OG Tiger Stripe CPM154, double-black micarta, red liners, mosaic pins
3. Type 2 Fairbairn-Sykes Dagger (Custom): 'Gunmetal' CPM154, blackened brass guard and handle
4. Corsair (Custom): Satin "Tigerlypse" CPM154, bone paper micarta, brick red liners, mosaic pins, tapered tang, darkened brass guard
5. K2 (Custom): Hand-rubbed satin, hand hollow-grind CPM154, gloss natural micarta, red liners, mosaic pins, tapered tang
6. Trailing Point (Custom): Blackwash CPM154, serrated back edge, green and black micarta, black liners, tapered tang

That's a sweet collection, man. I've been eyeballing their stuff for awhile now; I might have to try and get in on some of that action sooner, rather than later.

That's a sweet collection, man. I've been eyeballing their stuff for awhile now; I might have to try and get in on some of that action sooner, rather than later.
They're really wonderful. Their main group is on Facebook, with a separate B/S/T group called "GFYFB." Good community, and they hold their value well. Good mix of midtech releases every year or eight months. The K2 is still available at DLT, it was the biggest release of midtechs VK has done, and it's a great example of their design and ergonomic thinking at a pretty fair price. Customs are hard to come by, though. Mix of opening the books every 3-5 years, raffles, lotteries, the occasional web site release, and BLADE Show. They also regularly participate with weird and cool stuff at DLT's 12 Days of Christmas. Last year, ninja stuff - kamas, manrikigusari, and shuriken. Year before, spy stuff - F-S daggers, thumb daggers, sleeve daggers. First year was also ninja stuff - kunai and shuriken.

They're really wonderful. Their main group is on Facebook, with a separate B/S/T group called "GFYFB." Good community, and they hold their value well. Good mix of midtech releases every year or eight months. The K2 is still available at DLT, it was the biggest release of midtechs VK has done, and it's a great example of their design and ergonomic thinking at a pretty fair price. Customs are hard to come by, though. Mix of opening the books every 3-5 years, raffles, lotteries, the occasional web site release, and BLADE Show. They also regularly participate with weird and cool stuff at DLT's 12 Days of Christmas. Last year, ninja stuff - kamas, manrikigusari, and shuriken. Year before, spy stuff - F-S daggers, thumb daggers, sleeve daggers. First year was also ninja stuff - kunai and shuriken.

Thank you for the info. I do like those K2s and I probably just need to grab one. Do you know who manufactures their midtechs?

The only knife that I have with Vehement's logo is a collab piece with Bark River. It is the only knife that I have willingly kept from Bark River because not only is it a terrific modern reproduction of the Cattaraugus 225Q but it is also a really well made knife - which isn't something I can say of any other BRKs that have passed through my hands.

Thank you for the info. I do like those K2s and I probably just need to grab one. Do you know who manufactures their midtechs?

The only knife that I have with Vehement's logo is a collab piece with Bark River. It is the only knife that I have willingly kept from Bark River because not only is it a terrific modern reproduction of the Cattaraugus 225Q but it is also a really well made knife - which isn't something I can say of any other BRKs that have passed through my hands.
It varies. The Mongrel folder was done by Medford and then sharpened and finished in house. The K2 was done by White River Knife and Tool, which I was thrilled by, because WRKT is outstanding in their own right. Handles and blades were then finished by the VK shop. There are some K2s still in stock, but there is another batch coming at DLT, including a fresh batch of custom K2s. 600+ were made, and about 2/3 of them were released in November of last year. Jason at DLT held back the rest and was going to release them in January, but that seems to have been delayed. I suspect that's related to a slower sellout than expected, due to it being the biggest midtech release they've had in terms of numbers produced and also how the knife market is struggling a lot like other luxury goods after the heyday of a couple years ago.

I agree about Bark River, it seems like some of their collaborations get more attention to detail than their own knives. Their Vehement collaborations include the Quartermaster 225Q and Quartermaster EDC versions as well as a MACV-SOG bowie, and those seem to have consistently fewer complaints about quality. Their collaborations with Dan Tope were similar (Kukri, Bulldog, Water Moccasin). I suspect because those makers have existing relationships with BRKT and higher standards for product acceptance.

I got the two trailing points just recently, VK put them up on their own (clunky homemade) website in a drop of about seven knives at table price. They've had two website drops this year, but I can't recall any others in previous years. The Corsair was my book order from when the books were last open, which was New Year's weekend of 2021. The F-S dagger was from DLT's 12 Days of Christmas in 2022. The custom K2 and the midtech were from last November's model release drop at DLT. Typically when knives will be available and where are announced on their Facebook page. Raffles go for a long weekend or so (sometimes a week for a good-cause fundraiser raffle). The web site drops got about six hours' initial warning and then another at about 15 minutes before they went live. DLT releases are known well in advance from the DLT newsletter or the Insiders Facebook group.

Last edited:
Just out of work. More comprehensive shots later. I sent him the below, he suggested Sleipner then said "ok," and the piece materialized. I have quite a few from him, including similar customs, and he has nailed it every. damn. time. He's amazing. As with CPK, Jakub's Quality vs. Cost ratio is very high.
IMG_6649.jpeg

Back